A gorgeous Hybrid idea from Jaguar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbrewer

Reaction score
I helped make this baby, so I am justifiably proud that it is now wowing the peeps at the Paris motor show! It's called the C-X75. It is nearly as nice to look at as a pint of Fullers ESB!

Please notice it will have two jet engines that drive generators that power the four wheel motors. Also everything that is shiny is either billet aluminium, or hand beaten sheet aluminium!!!!

The turbines, made by the UK company "Bladon Jets" are special in that they are spark eroded from solid so you do not need a complex "root mounting" for each blade!

Now all we need is plenty of people to tell Jaguar that they want one and it will probably happen.

First some pictures (you may need to click "gallery")

http://www.jaguar.com/gb/en/#/about_...x75?id=2148434

And three videos (they follow each other)

Last edited by a moderator:
That thing is awesome. I'd like to know more about the turbines and their power producing capabilities... Its a great concept, and super/hyper cars are cool, but how about a practical application for the needs of the general public?

Cool concept indeed. Seems cabin noise and draft control may be an issue.

"Where's my hat?"

"We've lost engine one and engine two is on fire."

The general public may have little to do with it in the end! I would assume only the mega rich will be opting for such a car, just to be one up on their buddies. Given that that is the main criteria, they won't be complaining about a slight through draft and a slight whistling noise. Hats aren't really in fashion nowadays and peeps with that amount of dosh have hair transplants and not toupees! Let's hope a couple of hundred interested peeps turn up at the show stand with their wallets out.....

For years I have wondered why turbines weren't used to power hybrids. It is nice to see someone finally do something with my "old" idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back