Watering plants with Iodophor solution?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steinsato

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I searched the forums but didn't find what I was looking for, so here's a new one (I think).

Living in the southwest I try to save as much water as possible. I'm wondering if it would be unwise to water my plants/garden with my iodophor/water mix when I am done sanitizing my equipment.

I doubt if it is a high enough concentration to have any effect. But I am not a botanist in any way.

I do not think it would be a good idea to do it right after you are done. But, if you let it out in the Santa Fe sun for a day, it will be fine.

I thought I saw on the bottle recently that BTF Iodaphor is environmentally sound and biodegradable. But i'm not sure I'd water with it right away. Let it sit out and then use it.

Cool. I have to give the bottle another read. Right now It's so smeared I can't read it. I do collect rain in rain barrels, I suppose I could dump it into them to dilute it even further. I already drain my chiller water into them as well.

Back