Where to find large mesh cloth?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cimerian

Reaction score
I read in another thread on here about using mesh cloth to line the mash tun. I would need one large enough to cover a 65 gal cooler. Is there somewhere I could buy a large enough piece of this cloth to add to my mash tun. It sounds like a great idea to do.

Polyester voile material is what is used for BIAB. Any fabric store sells it by the yard. Home stores sell curtains made of this material as well. If using a cooler, it is also easy to install a braid and batch sparge. PM me if you want a gigantic bag stitched to fit the cooler...should be simple.

Polyester voile material is what is used for BIAB. Any fabric store sells it by the yard. Home stores sell curtains made of this material as well. If using a cooler, it is also easy to install a braid and batch sparge. PM me if you want a gigantic bag stitched to fit the cooler...should be simple.

Is this the same stuff that sheers are made of? I use a manifold in my cooler but think this would be a great addition to it. How much do you charge for a cooler bag? You may have stumbled on a business opportunity here.

Screen print cloth in varying mesh count at most art supply places or screen print suppliers...usually by the yard pricing...and I've seen up to 60" wide x 100+yard lengths...I can post a few links to suppliers when I get home

Back