Installing Banjo Burners

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneHoppyGuy

Reaction score
Installing burners just got a little easier...

P1040570.jpg

Here are links to the hard to find fittings:
P1040568.jpg

this piece or this one

Need flex hose made to length with fittings crimped on? We've got you covered.

Cool! But the "This piece" link is to the same picture, not to a part?

And is that an FFL-to-MPT adapter?

I've been trying to piece together something that will turn the corner from the MFL-orifice fitting on my Blichmann burners so the gas plumbing stays within the frame. I took your pointer to the FFL-MFL elbow (thanks again!) but that still leaves an MFL to try to translate into a pipe thread. I don't want to use either flex or a custom hose as my regulators are only a few inches below that elbow.

If that is an FFL-MPT it would do the trick!

Cheers!

I hope this works for; I tried something quite similar when I first built my Brutus and had problems with turning a 90 right out of the burner. I'm running low pressure propane and when I tried the 90 degree elbow the burner would not operate correctly (incomplete/uneven flame). As soon as I went back to the "straight in" input it operated perfectly. I assumed it had to due with a pressure drop or a problem with the venturi in the burner.

Let me know if yours works properly when you hook it up...I may try again.

CereousBrewer - Good to know that info on low pressure Banjo Burners. We are just now getting requests for them. We'll have to do some test bench trials.

Back