Hop question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

storm_IPA

Reaction score
I went to my local homebrew store to pick up a recipe but forgot to ask a question. I was given 1oz of a hop called Zythos? Is it a variety of Williamette or something different? I'm curious to know so that I can get the alpha acids and substitute hops right if need be. Thanks!

Off the net from Rebel Brewer:

Following the success of the Falconer’s Flight™, we are very happy to introduce ZYTHOS™ ─ a proprietary hop blend created to embody the powerful tradition and aroma you expect for your finest ales and IPA brews. With targeted brewing values of 11.9% alpha and 5.0% beta, ZYTHOS is an IPA style blend created to optimize and exceed the aroma characteristics found in the finest American IPA's and Pale ales (and any other hoppy American style). ZYTHOS is not a replacement for proprietary varieties, but rather, a premium pellet blend that will compliment your current IPA and Pale Ale brews. This novel proprietary pellet blend is comprised of many of the Northwest’s most unique hop varieties and is perfect for any American-style IPA. Each hop has been hand selected for its superior aromatic qualities, imparting distinct tangerine, citrus, floral, pine and grapefruit tones.

Usage: Dual (great bittering qualities and fantastic aroma profile)
Description: Tangerine, Citrus, floral, pine and Grapefruit character (the best of the best)
Typical Beer Styles: American pale, amber, American IPA, IBA, Black IPA etc. (pretty much anything you want awesome hop character in)

This blend SOUNDS good anyway!!
Cheers

Wow thanks! I didn't know about that website. I'll keep it handy. I use the joy of homebrewing for reference and it wasn't in the hop section, so i figured it was a variety or brand of hop. I'm using it as an aroma hop, but thought about using it as a dry hop.

Latest posts

Back