Alloy Products Corp Pin Lock Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

San_Diego_Matt

Reaction score
my search fingers are toast.

Does anyone know the specs of the posts/thread size/pitch for an Alloy Products Corp 22" tall, 9" diameter, pin lock keg?

From the look of them, they look exactly like the Cornelius brand pin lock kegs, but I'm trying to find out what the threads are of the posts.

Does anyone know or can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Matt

-The Alloy Product pin-lock tanks posts were 9/16-18 threads but, they were slightly tapered.
-The Firestone gas ball-lock posts were also 9/16-18 threads but they are more of a straight thread or at least they are not tapered near as much as the Alloy Products were.
-Alloy has gone out of business so I don't know anyone that can get you more information.

Matt

thanks for the update.

In my internet searches for APC stuff, I was able to sent an email to one of the Customer Service Reps there to ask my question and got a response.

He wasn't able to help me out because I didn't have enough specific information about the kegs I have, but it seemed like someone's still working there.

Old thread, but I also have an Alloy Products Corp pin lock keg and I want to buy a ball lock conversion kit. I don't know what is meant by 'tapered' so has anyone tested whether the Firestone threads work on the APC kegs?

Try shooting Alloy an email. [email protected]. While I don't think they make these any more, it may be worth a try.
I actually grew up across the street from Alloy Products. Was super thrilled to find 4 of their kegs ... until my wife gave them away without my knowledge when we moved.

Old thread, but I also have an Alloy Products Corp pin lock keg and I want to buy a ball lock conversion kit. I don't know what is meant by 'tapered' so has anyone tested whether the Firestone threads work on the APC kegs?

Tapered means that the thread is shaped like cone (somewhat), this is also referred as "NPT" which is National Pipe Tapered. The threads themselves is what allows them to lock together.

Straight thread is more akin to the thread you would find on a bolt, and the 2 ends of the of the mating products is what locks the fitting together.

Straight (L) vs Tapered (R)
thread-compare.gif

MC

Thank you for that fantastic explanation! So I'm assuming that the Firestone posts won't work with this tapered APC keg :(. I guess I just have to live with it as a pin lock keg.

Latest posts

Back