19 Gallon SS Two Weld Brew Pot - $149

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is definitely the same thing, though larger.

Seems like a good price for SS. I did notice though from the Morebeer website that only the bottom coupler is threaded on the inside which wouldn't let me use these couplers for a Herms coil.

Ive got the 10 gal version and It works great. I plan to up size to the 15 gal when I go all electric. The SS walls are not as heavy as a sanke keg or Polar wear, but for an immersed electric element, that doesn't matter. I dont know how it would stand up to bottom fired propane setup. Also it is lighter in weight for ease of cleaning. I did have to grind a bit on the inside of the bottom coupling to attach a dip tube as some of the weld blocked the threads, and I use the top coupling for a thermal sensor, so no worries there. All in all I think its a great pot for the price and for what you will be doing with it.

Did you use either a tee or a cross for your dip tube?

I'd rather not drill more holes than necessary so I was thinking of putting a valve and a dip tube on a tee attached to the bottom coupling. I realize though that when I open the valve, the dip tube will be the first thing to drain, thereby making the dip tube useless while I have an open valve.

Is this your setup?

I guess I don't understand what you are asking. I have a dip tube attached with a brass fitting to the coupling on the inside of the kettle, and a ball valve on the outside. Open the valve and the wort flows.

Back