NYC Supplies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acaaron816

Reaction score
Hi,

Just starting into homebrewing....very excited. Ordered some equipment from morebeer.com thanks to free shipping, but unfortunately their bottles don't qualify for free shipping...for 36 22oz'ers it comes out to over $30. Does anyone know a place in NYC (that's reachable by subway or bus or train or whatever) where I could pick up some bottles?

thanks a ton!

Call around to some bars or restaurants that sell good beer. I bet you can find some that will give you bottles for free. Just make sure they are not the twist open type. You have to clean them and remove labels but I think it's worth the time.
You can also buy micro brews from the liquor store. Enjoy emptying them. :drunk:

i dont think thier is anywhere in ny that cant be reached by bus or subway...and free bottles are EVERYWHERE, just go behind some of the thousands of bars, or restaraunts...

Depending on what you're brewing - the very SOONEST a beer will be ready to bottle is three weeks from brew day. You'll need about 52 or 53 12-oz. bottles for 5 gallons of beer. That equals 18 beers a week or 2.5 beers a day that you have to drink to have the needed number of bottles. You can handle that can't ya? :D

AHU

Back