Heating a cold room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBHoss

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My cold room is fine for Lagers right now but I need to warm it up. It seems to be holding at 62 degrees but it's going to get colder as winter comes upon us.
Any suggestions for warming up a cold room and stabilizing the temperature?

You always look like you have a cold sweat.

How big of a room? How well insulated?

My fermentation closet is heated by a $20 small space heater and it works fine.

Electric space heater rigged to a johnson temp controller set to heating mode.

Electric space heater rigged to a johnson temp controller set to heating mode.

Bump on the electric heater paired with the Johnson Control, keep the stat away from the heat source. I'm an A/C guy and that's what I'd do..

I looked up the controller and see that the digital will go hot or cold. I have an analog controller on my keezer which only works on the cold side of things. Sounds like a plan, thanks. :mug:

Rather than heating an entire room, you should look into getting a big bin, filling it with water, and controlling it with an aquarium thermometer. Ought to be cheaper in the long run.

Rather than heating an entire room, you should look into getting a big bin, filling it with water, and controlling it with an aquarium thermometer. Ought to be cheaper in the long run.

It's a 4.5 X 8.5 fermentation room with multiple fermentation vessels in it. That'd be a lot of water to heat.

Latest posts

Back