A Great Opportunity!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

histo320

Reaction score
Late last week I got a call for a teaching job interview back home in Illinois. I am going to spend about 20 hours in a car for a 2-3 hour interview. This is a job that I really want but I am trying not to get to overly excited about it and I'm trying to maintain composure.

Nervous, yes. I had a few other teaching interviews and they didn't work out to my advantage.

Any interviewing tips, prayers, or advice are readly accepted by myself.

Thank you all and wish me luck!!

holy **** man, you wanna move from Asheville to the milk-ice bland land of Illinoise?

Crazy, dude.

I hate to crush your dream here, but I kissed the ground the Appalachians spring from when I arrived back after 6 years in Midwest flatland hell followed by 3 years of Texas hot-as-hell flatland hellishness.

But maybe that won't bother you. Go forth and interview well! Show them your inner excitement and they can't resist!

*note: I'm druck. Pay no attention to me whatsoever. Warning!:drunk:

I'm a headhunter so I can prob help out on the interviewing front. Shoot me an e-mail to lucas AT fieldpros DOOOOOOOOOOT com and I'll give you some good stuff.

If things go well, it will be very very difficult to leave Asheville, I love this place but you have to go to the Land of Opportunity.

Plus, my job in Asheville is very unfulfilling.

So good news and bad, I have to leave Asheville for the corn/soybean fields of Illinois but I did get the teaching position I wanted along with coaching football.

Now I can finally relax, flake out at my other job, and make some homebrew since I won't have much time until after thanksgiving to do so.

I will be moving to Bradley-Bourbonnais. Funny thing, I used to live in Charleston and I am expecting a call from CHS tomorrow, but I will turn them down.

Working in Peotone.

I do miss Chuck Vegas!

So good news and bad, I have to leave Asheville for the corn/soybean fields of Illinois but I did get the teaching position I wanted along with coaching football.

Now I can finally relax, flake out at my other job, and make some homebrew since I won't have much time until after thanksgiving to do so.

Congrats on the job! That's great news, and getting to coach in the first year, too. That's great!

Back