Double Wheat Bock F.G. ??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brew2you

Reaction score
I just got done bottling a Double Wheat Bock. It was an extract kit. I am wondering if anyone knows what the F.G. should be. I took the advice from everyone on here and let this one sit in the primary for 3 weeks. There was no activity or drop in gravity for the last two weeks. My fermenting temp stayed consistant at 68 throughout. However the F.G. was still at 1.026. The O.G. was 1.059 which was lower than what the kit said it should be. They claim 1.080. Does this sound about right or could I have had a stuck fermentation? Thanks for any advice.

What did the kit state for FG? That would be the key to knowing. 1.026 sounds high. Did you use a full boil, or add top off water? It you added top off water, did you fully mix it with the wort before taking you OG reading? Give us a little more info and you will get good advice.

The kit doesn't tell what the F.G. should be. It only states the original. I boiled two gallons of water then added 3 gallons to the fermenter. I did stir this one real well. I learned that from here a couple batches ago. I was having problems with the O.G. being low and you guys told me to stir better which fixed my problem. Now this batch had the low O.G. and high F.G.

Back