Cleaning keg setups

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After every Keg, WHen you are cleaning your kegs just presurize while you have your cleaner and sanitizer in there and run a bit through your lines. only takes a minute and saves much head ache.

Thanks. So, I've seen the "beerline Cleaners", But can't you just use your normal cleaners/sanitizers that you use for brewing operations?

I usually clean between style changes (not always). I've never had a problem.

I also just take a keg of one step and/or star san, pressurize it, and run it through the lines. Works great. Lines always look clean, never any off flavors, mold or any other weirdness.

I have threaded connections so it's nothing to disconnect the hoses completely and soak em in sanitizing solution. Disconnected hoses make cleaning the keg easier too.

I fill the kegs to the brim with hot sanitizer, then I push down on the liquid out poppet with a small screwdrive and the sanitizer flows up and burps out the top. That way I make sure I don't have beer residue in the out tube.

I do this routine after every batch.

Biermann said:
I usually clean between style changes (not always). I've never had a problem.

I also just take a keg of one step and/or star san, pressurize it, and run it through the lines. Works great. Lines always look clean, never any off flavors, mold or any other weirdness.
Cool. I have a 3 tap system and have only had 2 beers on 2 of them, and one on the other. I'll run some cleaner through before the next keg goes on.

Back