Brewing Program

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shamrock28

Reaction score
So ive got this recipe for a 5 gallon beer at 5%, are there any free softwares out there that will allow for water additions of how ever many is needed to bring the abv down to 4.2% or cut the calories of my beer by 20%. Also, a program that has additions such as irish moss and amylase and will make the appreciate calculations if those are things i want to add to my brew...Thanks for all your help

Does it allow for water additions? to get to a whatever desired rate im looking for?

Yea. Are you using extract? You can tell the program the size of your batch, then enter the amount of extract you will use. It will calculate your OG and estimated FG as well as estimated ABV. To do what you want, you can either keep the batch size at 5 gallons and reduce the amount of extract. Or you can keep the same amount of extract and increase the batch size. The program will compensate.

There is no setting to adjust calories. It does tell you calories though.

Does it allow for water additions? to get to a whatever desired rate im looking for?

With lowering the abv you would also be lowering the taste . . .wait . . . we're talking Miller lite now aren't we.

Why not use less grain instead of more water? Beersmith will do that with ease (or you could ask someone here).

Back