What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4 x 4" in SS nipple shanks, 4 x Perlick 650SS Flow Control taps, tap wrench, 4-way CO2 manifold.

Keezer build about 80% finished.
20181225_145701~2.jpeg

Well this isn't beer related but I'm going to plug it anyway because I feel it is very important. I received the reusable, biodegradable, plastic free food wraps from etee. I'm going to give them a try and hopefully they work well. We have been trying to stop using plastic anyway we can and found this product. I'll let you know how it goes. www.shopetee.com
IMG_20181228_101738.jpg

3 x W-34/70 | 1 x T-58 | 1 x BE-256 | 1 x Nottingham
400 gr AUS Topaz 2018
400 gr DE Brewers Gold ( Germany ) 2017
200 gr NZ Pacifica 2018
200 gr UK East Kent Goldings 2017
100 gr NZ Rakau 2017
100 gr NZ Waimea 2017
100 gr DE Comet 2017

All for the next 5 batches: 1 x IPL / 1 x Biere de Garde / 1 x British Golden Ale / 1 x Vienna Lager / 1 x India Schwarzbier

Well this isn't beer related but I'm going to plug it anyway because I feel it is very important. I received the reusable, biodegradable, plastic free food wraps from etee. I'm going to give them a try and hopefully they work well. We have been trying to stop using plastic anyway we can and found this product. I'll let you know how it goes. www.shopetee.com
View attachment 604551

Would love to hear how this goes.

I got my new Wilserbrewer BIAB today. I’m looking forward to making the step up to all grain from extract.
02AC6EEB-1267-49C1-A823-606AE447B650.jpeg BC8EA44D-F5F9-4236-A94A-A1E645F9C3AC.jpeg
I’ve acquired all the necessary equipment and supplies over the holidays and think I’m ready for my maiden voyage this weekend. I also got a new brew kettle so I can do full volume mashes. I did a trial run with plain water yesterday to test my boil-off rate and the Reflectix jacket I made. 53 quart kettle (16” dia.) yielded a 1 1/2 gallon loss over the hour. At 153° I wrapped the kettle with my 3 layer reflectix jacket on the side and lid, covered that with a pillow on top and wrapped the whole works with a moving blanket and held the 153° with no drop for an hour with 42° ambient temp in my garage. I’d say a very positive success.

Copper core? I got that pan set for Christmas?

Nope just regular 3 ply with aluminum core.

I just went for specific pieces so I didn’t bother with a set. I probably would have done the d5 type (with copper) but all the styles I wanted weren’t available and I’m OCD about having matched equipment.

Was trying to buy pans around 10” in size so I can get them all on the stove at the same time. My precious options do that well so it made it tricky to have more than 2 pans going at a time.

Last edited:
Nope just regular 3 ply with aluminum core.

I just went for specific pieces so I didn’t bother with a set. I probably would have done the d5 type (with copper) but all the styles I wanted weren’t available and I’m OCD about having matched equipment.

Was trying to buy pans around 10” in size so I can get them all on the stove at the same time. My precious options do that well so it made it tricky to have more than 2 pans going at a time.

Awesome. So far, great cookware. SWMBO cannot drag me away from the stove and I haven’t even been brewing (tomorrow, I swear).

Ever get into that MMS bottle (the one with the sticker)? I am curious what someone else thinks of the bitterness level and whether or not it's mellowed even more since I had one. I have only a few left, so I'm waiting...errrrr patiently.

Noted. It will be chilled tonight and consumed tomorrow.

View attachment 605651 Ss brewtech keg washer won on here @pshankstar ;)

Awesome and congrats! You can buy me a beer in a couple of weeks when I’m driving through. Haha I’ll be stopping at Pizza Boy or Troegs in three weeks for dinner and beer.

Just kidding, but I’m always up for meeting a fellow HBT member for a beer or two.

Awesome and congrats! You can buy me a beer in a couple of weeks when I’m driving through. Haha I’ll be stopping at Pizza Boy or Troegs in three weeks for dinner and beer.

Just kidding, but I’m always up for meeting a fellow HBT member for a beer or two.

Thank You Sir! Give me a couple days notice when your coming through and I should be able to meet up with you for dinner and beer.

Back