So trying to dupilcate the coopers brew enhancer #1

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dondlelinger

Reaction score
So from what I have gathered the coopers brew enhancer #1 has 600g dextrose and 400g of maltodextrin...I am NOT a fan of DME in my coopers kits as it makes a malt flavor in my lauger beer (my favorite) . I looked forever for the maltodextrin and cam across this
qse-goldmedal-carbs10-v.jpg

If you read the ingredient its only maltodextrin. SO i just made a batch of coopers lauger + 600g dextrose and 400g of this gold medal carbs(maltodextrin) I'm pretty excited to see how it turns out because the flavour of the wart is already a huge improvement over dme + dextrose...

Anyone tried this or have any questions or comments?

60 buck for 10 lbs.(bought in the helath food store in my town)..
and only use 400g per = 6$ a batch...

11$ for my coopers kit (on sale)
6$ maltodextrin
3$ on dextrose (approx)
---------------------
20$ for 5 galons XD well approx 4.5 galons ( i only fill with 20 liters of water) thats REALLY cheap for beer in canada. normally 25$ for 12 bottles.

400 g = 14 oz
Looks like too much. Both quantity and cost.

Malto Dextrin - 8 oz. $1.49
Product Description
Derived from corn, this is non-fermentable. It is used to add body to a beer.
If you are an extract brewer and your beers are coming out on the thin side,
this here will take care of you. Add during last 15 minutes of your boil.

Use 4 oz. to 5 gallons of beer.

hrm thanks fr the new place to buy it :)... I hope i didn't screw this brew up :p, but that is the exact specs that coopers uses for its brew enhnacer #1 so it *should be fine but i guess we will see.

I read someone put 250g in 1 galon and it turned out good so i think this should be just fine

Thanks :p.. Next time i will purchase at one of your stores save alot of cash that way...but oh well I'm just happy i finally got it.

Back