Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up with these people and their nasty ass coffee mugs? They like them "seasoned" or something. When I get a build up in mine, stuff starts coming off and floating in my cup. Nasty. I try to wash it before then.

On the other hand, it's my mug, leave my **** alone! Maybe that was the problem.

What's up with these people and their nasty ass coffee mugs? They like them "seasoned" or something. When I get a build up in mine, stuff starts coming off and floating in my cup. Nasty. I try to wash it before then.

On the other hand, it's my mug, leave my **** alone! Maybe that was the problem.

Yeah I don't get it. Boss leaves his mug half empty every afternoon and tops it off the next morning without dumping or cleaning. Likely poisoning himself with all the **** that falls from the drop ceilings we have in the offices. I clean my desk every day, every morning there is a fresh coat of dustandstuff on it.

Shrug.

In the Navy at least, it's a badge of rank. That's why scrubbing a mug is such a serious offense.

I was a Marine, but from my experience, when Navy guys get together the first thing they compare is sea time, the second is Shellback status, then sub/surface duty, and then how grungy their coffee cup is. Rank is way down the list.

In the Navy at least, it's a badge of rank. That's why scrubbing a mug is such a serious offense.

I was a Marine, but from my experience, when Navy guys get together the first thing they compare is sea time, the second is Shellback status, then sub/surface duty, and then how grungy their coffee cup is. Rank is way down the list.

I dont know. I prefer having the best tasting coffee I can. That crap does not help things.

On topic: They keep interrupting my lunch with inane questions. Its called a lunch break. Give me a break.

On topic: They keep interrupting my lunch with inane questions. Its called a lunch break. Give me a break.

Nobody talks to me... until I start eating lunch.
Then they look at me, disgusted that I have my feet on my desk.

Get out of my office, turds.

yeah, when I was in the field, I NEVER understood that.....I'm on your f-ing job site for 10 hours, you can see me, you can ask me any question ANY TIME....why.....why do you feel it necessary to come up to my truck and ask me (usually beyond stupid) questions with my face full of my sammich?????? I will not share said sammich, so......

GO

AWAY
:mad:

I just started going off site for a half hour, just to get some peace and quiet. In the office, not so much. But, I'm bad about not even stopping to eat lunch these days, so matters not.

A big part of my job is managing agricultural drainage ditches (farmer puts drain tile in their field, it runs into a manmade ditch dug 100 years ago... I'm in charge of maintenance on those ditches). So that portion of the job leads to a lot of in-the-field contacts with landowners. Some of them know quite a bit about the drainage district systems. Some can't find their own ass with both hands, a map, and a flashlight. Probably 80% of the time, when there is a problem with a district tile or ditch, I show up on site, do my review, and leave without ever talking to the landowner. Sometimes the owner requests a phone call before I show up so they can be on site while I'm there, sometimes they DEMAND to be on site while I'm there. And I'm worse than the cable company - I usually don't know that I'm hitting the field for a review day until the day before, and on a long day, I'll hit between 10-12 sites (scattered around 3 counties - a site review day is typically 200+ miles of road time). I never know until I show up how long I'm going to be at any one given site - sometimes I can see the repair from the road, drive right to it, take a couple pictures, set a flag out for the contractor, and be gone in 20 minutes, sometimes I spend an hour searching a 40 acre tract before I find a 2' diameter hole over a tile. So usually, the BEST I can do for any given landowner is "Hey, I'm leaving my last job and heading your way. I'll be there in 20 minutes." On OCCASION, I'll make exceptions if they can only meet at a given time.

Today was one of those times; I needed to talk to the landowner to understand what his problem was. Called him when I left the office (30 miles away)... no answer. So went to my second site for the day... guy finally calls me back two hours later, right before lunch. Since I'm only 15 miles from his place, and need to head his direction to get lunch anyway, I agree to meet him on site at the drainage ditch at 12:45. I show up at 12:30, because I never want a client to have to wait for me.

1:00 rolls around, he still hasn't shown up, and I'm running out of time (I have another site I have to be to, 35 miles away, by 3:00, with two stops to make in between), so I call him. He says "Yeah, I'm here, whenever you show up we can look at it."

Turns out, despite us agreeing to meet at the ditch, "Here" was his shop, 1/2 mile away down the road.

Idjit.

our new brooms (lead & assistant lead) are now counting finished parts in front of us (so we know they are keeping tabs) and also making lists of people talking. even if they are trying to get clarification on a print. there are certain people that are allowed to talk all day long. they are exempt. one of the new brooms clocks in then runs back out to smoke as well as sneaking outside to smoke. that's ok if he does it. I'm starting to feel like I quit smoking again. with the anger and all.

things about my coworkers that annoy me = things about my coworkers.

I hate my job because of them.

Anyone hiring in the western states? No seriously.

we're hiring welders if you wanna move to SW Minnesota.:pipe:

Will you train me? I am extremely quick learner, even tried one of those tech school virtual welding set ups and got compliments.

What are the real estate options? We need a few acres.

ps...only half kidding, I need to get out of corporate world soon, but always been a tinkerer, mechanic, carpenter, DIY'er....and a brewer. :D

things about my coworkers that annoy me = things about my coworkers.

I hate my job because of them.

Anyone hiring in the western states? No seriously.

We are always hiring however I would not recommend moving to CA. The other 2 states above us I have heard good things about.

Will you train me? I am extremely quick learner, even tried one of those tech school virtual welding set ups and got compliments.

What are the real estate options? We need a few acres.

ps...only half kidding, I need to get out of corporate world soon, but always been a tinkerer, mechanic, carpenter, DIY'er....and a brewer. :D
There is a manufacturing facility in the same town I work (about an hour and a half south of Billy) that once or twice a year, holds "open tryouts" - you come in, do a couple welds, they look at your work and decide if they can train you or not.

Pay is good enough that my boss (who, despite being a design engineer, got certified as a welder at his previous job... "certified 2" I think is what he said) - anyway, he went in to the test day just for kicks and giggles... pay was good enough that he halfway thought about leaving his job as a licensed professional engineer to go weld for them.

Yeah, because we need more machines replacing hard-working, berry-punchers.
Listen to what you're saying man!

Its still manually activated though. So no lost jobs. This way its more anonymous. Hell, to make things even more fun they should be installed at all workstations and everybody can give out punches as deserved. Kinda like this

Last edited by a moderator:
My a$$ hat of a coworker strongly disagree with a decision I made. A decision which my supervisor and manager back.
He hates our supervisor so much he spent the entire day reviewing the case load and decision to make a case to a judge that my decision was in correct (it is not).
However when he gets called infront of the judge it is for a different case. He thinks he is going to present unrelated information to the judge.
He is behaving like a petulant child.
Of course the more I observe the more I am convinced he has aspergers .
And yet management will not terminate him

Okay. So we all agree on number 8?
Yes.
Yes.
Yep.
Got it.

Two months later...

That's not what we agreed to.
We never said that.
Since when is this what we do?
Huh?

Every-floccing-time.

I moved from GA to MN and the first winter I lived there it got down to -25° with a 25 mph wind. that's -57° with the wind chill.

in the winter it's too cold to snow. you have to wait until spring for it to warm up and it will snow

you have to get an oil pan heater for your car

- things to consider before moving from the south to the Land of (Frozen) Lakes

Yes.
Yes.
Yep.
Got it.

Two months later...

We never said that.
Huh?

Every-floccing-time.

Email. Get it in writing. Or send an email confirming the agreement, that way when they say "no" later, you have documentation of uncontested prior agreement.

Email. Get it in writing. Or send an email confirming the agreement, that way when they say "no" later, you have documentation of uncontested prior agreement.

As much as I hate having 15 million emails in my inbox at all times, this really is the best way to do it. A thorough paper trail has saved my butt more than once.

I wish I could screenshot my email inbox for you guys.
I constantly get emails. Most of them really important that I have to organize, take action on, archive, etc.

Right now I have 30 new emails, just from the last 5 minutes, all of the same subject, that I have no business being included in.
All because of..................

REPLY TO ALL

makes me want to bash my head against a brick wall.

I wish I could screenshot my email inbox for you guys.
I constantly get emails. Most of them really important that I have to organize, take action on, archive, etc.

Right now I have 30 new emails, just from the last 5 minutes, all of the same subject, that I have no business being included in.
All because of..................

REPLY TO ALL

makes me want to bash my head against a brick wall.

Outlook? Try this. Click on one of the messages in the chain, select Ignore. It will delete the email and block all future ones in that thread.
Untitled.png

Outlook? Try this. Click on one of the messages in the chain, select Ignore. It will delete the email and block all future ones in that thread.
View attachment 302568

How is it that I never knew this? You just made my life more pleasant.

Now is there an ignore button to stop the incessant martha floccing whining and backstabbing that is my office environment?

How is it that I never knew this? You just made my life more pleasant.

Now is there an ignore button to stop the incessant martha floccing whining and backstabbing that is my office environment?

While not recommended, this should do it:

Going-Postal.jpg

Yes.
Yes.
Yep.
Got it.

Two months later...

We never said that.
Huh?

Every-floccing-time.

Next time, take a video of everyone agreeing with your cell-phone.

I just closed out a three year project that required tracking over 70 different items that had no clear owners at start of project. Had to migrate every one of them differently, on different timelines, to different standards...without losing ANY of them..in that timeline.

And I get to watch other people get promoted or new job opportunities.

I moved from GA to MN and the first winter I lived there it got down to -25° with a 25 mph wind. that's -57° with the wind chill.

in the winter it's too cold to snow. you have to wait until spring for it to warm up and it will snow

you have to get an oil pan heater for your car

- things to consider before moving from the south to the Land of (Frozen) Lakes

I finally just thawed out and it's starting to get cold again.:goat:

Back