Dry hopped IPA (video)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demzly

Reaction score
This is my IPA brew being dry hopped,

I used 10g Columbus and 20g EKG

hope you enjoy, please feel free to give me pointers as it is my 1st dry hop and 1st IPA

Last edited by a moderator:
If you weight your hop bag it'll sink and have more contact with your beer rather than floating on the surface. I noticed quite a difference in hop aroma when I started doing this.

If you weight your hop bag it'll sink and have more contact with your beer rather than floating on the surface. I noticed quite a difference in hop aroma when I started doing this.

How did you get that to happen?

I just bought a bunch of the biggest stainless steel washers I could find, washed and sanitized them then put them in the bottom of my hop bag before adding the hops.

Washers, marbles, spoons...anything metal or glass that's heavy and sanitized.

For my personal experiences, I find that pellets are better for shorter dry hops (3-7 days) because they release more oils in a quicker time frame. Leaf hops hold up to longer dryhop lengths without getting too harsh/vegetative.

Some people dryhop without mesh bags and instead wrap the nylon bag around the racking cane to avoid trub. You may get slightly less surface area contact if using leaf hops with this method since they mostly float on the surface. But pellets tend to sink after awhile, which is why I don't bag them.

Back