Backpacking Pics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hell Brew

Reaction score
Just got back from Arkansas in the Ouachita Mountains. Had a blast but that trail kicked our butts. It went from water crossing to steep climbs back to more water crossing. So either your feet were wet or you were climbing a mountain side with the worst switchbacks ever. We had to leave early because the trail was so rocky all the dogs had blisters on their feet. Plus my Dad fell in the water 3 times.
l_0de56b2a26272bba883cd7d936c17d15.jpg

l_30e21912ea710e9dff541fe9b22f4dbd.jpg

l_d8158d71bfcdb9d04d7d4a629c2e227a.jpg

Holy hell, I was out there Sun - Wed fishing and camping on the Buffalo River with some dudes. The ozarks that is. Are those mountains part of the ozarks? Beautiful out there, eh?

Ó Flannagáin said:
Holy hell, I was out there Sun - Wed fishing and camping on the Buffalo River with some dudes. The ozarks that is. Are those mountains part of the ozarks? Beautiful out there, eh?

:off:

We're interested in both the Ouachita and the Ozarks, but I just told my husband you were on the Buffalo recently. I'm supposed to ask you guys the following:

1. How was the small mouth bass fishing?
2. Did you see many people?
3. Is this a trip you would recommend to people who have never been there and want to go in the fall/winter/spring?

Thanks! By the way, I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

1. The small mouth fishing was AWESOME!! we caught and cooked bass every night while we were out there. 11 bucks for a 3 day license.

2. Saw some folks, but not many at all.

3. I'm planning on taking my wife over the fall/winter here soon.

I plan on taking my first summer trip to CO to go skiing next year. Absolutely can't wait, hell I think the hike up will be more fun than the few hundred vertical feet we get down.

All my pics from backpacking and such are on real film, need to get them scanned or something.

YooperBrew said:
:off:

We're interested in both the Ouachita and the Ozarks, but I just told my husband you were on the Buffalo recently. I'm supposed to ask you guys the following:

1. How was the small mouth bass fishing?
2. Did you see many people?
3. Is this a trip you would recommend to people who have never been there and want to go in the fall/winter/spring?

Thanks! By the way, I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

Your welcome.
1. We didn' t get to do any fishing since we left early. If you take dogs with you get them some booties. They will thank you for it, promise.
2. We saw a few people, mostly other backpackers, but they were going the opposite direction.
3. I highly recommend it. The weather was perfect, about 70 during the day and around 40 at night. Make sure you bring some water shoes or sandals for all the water crossings. I didn' t know this and spent the whole time with wet shoes. And try to go ultralight with the gear there is a lot of steep climbs.
We did the Eagle Rock Loop at Albert Pike Recreation Area it is 26.8 miles and easily doable in 3 to 4 days. If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Back