Ball of Spaghetti

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scm21st

Reaction score
I just transferred an ESB into the secondary carboy after 2 weeks of fermentation. Looked great, smells great, and as I'm watching it siphon I see something that looked like a ball of white spaghetti cruising by in the secondary. I couldn't believe my eyes, but there it was again making its second lap. How bad is it that I have what looks like a ball of spaghetti floating around in my beer?

Pics are needed. Could be yeast, cold break, could be all kinds of things. From the infections I've seen it doesn't sound like an infection. Probably just yeast clumped weird.

The flying spaghetti monster made a deposit in your beer???

We REALLY REALLY REALLY need pics..not to help you (because I have NEVER heard of spghetti-esque growths in beer, infected or otherwise) but because we want to know what to show the police when you dissapear...

Just don't stick your face over the openning in the carboy...

palis_Micro%20Face%20Hugger.jpg

Seriously post pics, maybe we can figure it out.

I went back to snap a photo but I could no longer see it; must have settled. I won't worry about it, I just hope it doesn't end up in he keg.

Thanks for the replies.

It was probably the discarded intestinal tract from a long dead Indian spirit. I've had that happen before. It doesn't affect the taste of the beer at all.

"Man passes 9 foot tapeworm.

Spagetti, huh? Was it moving? Maybe you should do some fishing around in there.

This is precisely why I installed the Indian Spirit Intestinal Tract Filter last month - completely solved the problem! I need to do a writeup in the "Reviews" section for this - totally worthwhile.

Slurp it up and eat it...then tell us what you think!

Who knows, it might be the best (and first) Italian Red Ale anyone has ever made!

Might as well bottle it up, give it 3 weeks at 70* & see what happens. I have seen long stringy things in my beer before, and it still turned out good beer.

Realx, tis OK!

not to detrail, but have you guys had this before? it is contract brewed by Sprecher right here in good ole Milwaukee. I gotta say it's an "interesting" beer...

I'd probably be more likely to cook with it. It's not a hint of Pizza flavor - it's in your face pizza spices. Met them at a beerfest and tried some of their beer; I can't see drinking more than 1 per session.

So back to the original post - you can take pizza beer and a can of tomato paste and come up with a nice sauce for your spaghetti ball.

-OCD

Will do. It looked a lot like the picture posted earlier in the thread by IowaHarry.

It looked like a tapeworm? That's what that was, I wouldn't drink one of those. Could be years growing in you and worse yet it proly already has a taste for beer and alcohol so everytime you drink beer it will bogart it all.

Ingesting tapeworms has been considered as a weight loss remedy. Maybe you have a beer concept that budweiser will steal from you.

Back