Not the dumbest thing I've ever done, but close

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsellout

Reaction score
So I went on vacation to Cali for a couple weeks and I transferred my hobgoblin clone into kegs and put it under pressure so that I would have it ready when I got back. I tried to pull a pint when I got home and got no love. I went and checked and I discovered that I forgot to open the cutoff valve. So it's been sitting aging for a couple weeks but no carb. I'm in the process of force carbing it now...I just don't want to wait another two weeks. Oh well.

Dan

Crank it to 30 psi and shake: more like a couple hours...

I've never understood why anybody would take beer that's been settling and conditioning for weeks and shake it up. I go to great pains to not disturb sediment, and even carrying a keg from the garage to the kegerator stirs it up some. But shaking? Out of the question.

Now I did "quick carb" a keg of ESB this past weekend, put it at 25psi for two nights, vented and applied my serving pressure of 8psi. Not my usual routine, but it came out pretty close to perfect. And crystal clear.

So yeah, my keg is now empty. I had no idea it was coming either.....pour, pour, pour, and then FOAM! I'm heart broken! I can't believe I was caught off guard by this!

Back