10-tip multi jet burners. Has anyone found a source?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checked for leaks all over including the gas built in beam. Nothing so far. My jet did all come loose after the test was done. I noticed during the test the began to leak at the base. After they cooled down I checked them. I could turn every one with my fingers. So I snugged them all back down with the wrench.

I am thinking of this so far:

1. Instead of a table top, add just a plate on the front to take the place of the heat shields that Blichmann provides (ORANGE area below).

2. Lower the existing wind shields down about 3 inches.

3. Install either SS tube like Chris' for the kettle to sit on (one from each side BLUE below) or weld some smaller diameter SS tubes across the main frame to lift the pot up some and stabilize their sitting area (YELLOW below.

4. Raise the burners.

What are your thoughts?

Start by removing all the shields, even the Blichmann orange ones and repeat the test with your current height. Once you have this data, you'll know where you need to go.

I use no shields whatsoever. With the frame, you don't need to protect the ball valve as the front member does that for you by default. Like I said before, I removed my heat shields as they were causing more problems then they were worth. Don't overthink it and try to change only one variable at a time.

Start by removing all the shields, even the Blichmann orange ones and repeat the test with your current height. Once you have this data, you'll know where you need to go.

I use no shields whatsoever. With the frame, you don't need to protect the ball valve as the front member does that for you by default. Like I said before, I removed my heat shields as they were causing more problems then they were worth. Don't overthink it and try to change only one variable at a time.

Thanks. Doing that and should have it back this evening. Will test at current burner height and post resluts on this thread.

I have read this entire thread and now I am very confused and I have not even started drinking yet. I had the gas company out here today to install new leads from my 100 gallon home tank. I am tired of filling 20lb tanks. The guy told me I would need low pressure burners. I want to get a jet burner like discussed here. But I need a stand and the mounting info. I have seen the burners but not stands. Would some one kindly point me in the right direction. I just need a complete list of items I need. I greatly appreciate the help. The gas company is going to give me 2 quick disconnects so I can hook up 2 at the same time and give me the hoses as well. Thank you so much folks!

Tom

Back