What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
allenH said:
A little HB Coffee Brown before bed. Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, I made it! It has been a long day, but a awesome one (as seen from the background of the pic above, yes, I know I'm being a dick by including that in the background). Cheers!

Congrats for making it! And happy birthday one more time! I will need a check in tomorrow morning! Well, it'll probably be afternoon for you! ;)

Ah! I see. You are a lucky guy! My SWMBO is coming around slowly. Her palate is expanding. I'm pretty impressed! So does it actually taste like apples? I originally thought it was a cider, but they say its brewed like an ale. Whatever that means. I guess there is grain involved at some point?

Well she hates IPAs but thats ok, more for me! I did taste the Redds, it tasted like 2 row with artificial apple flavor

Drinking this treat thanks to Swarley88!
Thanks again!

image-2740349387.jpg

tyzippers said:
And you're supporting the MN Orchestra at the same time! Good man!!

Well, I do what I can. ;)
Supporting an orchestra has never tasted so good.

nedvalton said:
I will make it worth your time with some highly acclaimed homebrew and who knows what else

You must be drunk. I guess I never mentioned I bake for a living... I've never shipped bread, but id think freezing it and then shipping with ice packs might be your best idea.

View attachment 128906

A little HB Coffee Brown before bed. Thanks to everyone who wished me a happy birthday, I made it! It has been a long day, but a awesome one (as seen from the background of the pic above, yes, I know I'm being a dick by including that in the background). Cheers!

sounds like you had a great B-Day! how's yer head this morning? hahahhaa!!

having coffee while heating sparge water for my Munich Helles.

Billy-Klubb said:
sounds like you had a great B-Day! how's yer head this morning? hahahhaa!!

having coffee while heating sparge water for my Munich Helles.

Morning check up Allen!! I fully expect to see that you have downed a full pot of coffee!

CliffMongoloid said:
View from the house we rented on long beach island

The view is of a Landshark can? I'd want my money back! J/k kinda hard to see the background, but it sounds like your having a nice trip!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on here! Hope there's lots of beers today!

I'm going to go down stairs and have me some gourmet coffee from a Keurig. Don't judge me.

Coffee. Trying out the Keurig (I think that's how its spelled) that my FIL bought. Not bad...

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads on here! Hope there's lots of beers today!

I'm going to go down stairs and have me some gourmet coffee from a Keurig. Don't judge me.

Too late....

Blackberry Beliner Weisse here.

tyzippers said:
Morning check up Allen!! I fully expect to see that you have downed a full pot of coffee!

Feeling a bit rough around the edges this morning. I wasn't planning on drinking today, but I do have that 1 gallon growler in the fridge from yesterday....I have to drink that, right? Yeah, that will be my excuse.

French pressed kona blend. Dropping a line out, see if I can snag me a monster fish.

20130616_105828_HDR_Hagrid.jpg

Happy fathers day to those of you who are dad's

Next year I will be able to celebrate, while holding my first(we just found out). But this year my fermenters bought me a card.

Edit: yes I'm fishing off my deck. Go ahead, judge me

French pressed kona blend. Dropping a line out, see if I can snag me a monster fish.

Next year I will be able to celebrate, while holding my first(we just found out). But this year my fermenters bought me a card.

Congrats on the news!! Being a father is awesome and exhausting all at the same time! I wouldn't trade it for the world though!

Also, that is an awesome mug you got right there!!:rockin:

Congrats on the news!! Being a father is awesome and exhausting all at the same time! I wouldn't trade it for the world though!

Also, that is an awesome mug you got right there!!:rockin:

Thanks, we're pretty excited about it! It's still pretty new news so it hasn't really had time to fully set in.

And I love these mugs, I have 4 different tikis. We picked them up in hawaii 2 years s ago. Definitely my go to mug, plus it holds about 18oz just right for the first cup of the day.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!! To all us dads. and I may be getting a mash tun for a gift :) so a quick question why do I see some with two 10 gallon coolers and some with one?

Feeling a bit rough around the edges this morning. I wasn't planning on drinking today, but I do have that 1 gallon growler in the fridge from yesterday....I have to drink that, right? Yeah, that will be my excuse.

I've always heard that the best cure for a hangover was more beer....just saying.:cross:

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!! To all us dads. and I may be getting a mash tun for a gift :) so a quick question why do I see some with two 10 gallon coolers and some with one?

Some use the second as a hot liquor tun. Basically you heat all of your sparge water, and add it to the hlt. Which in a 3 tier is placed above the mlt, with the kettle on the bottom.

Some people use a second kettle and burner for the hlt.

Some use the second as a hot liquor tun. Basically you heat all of your sparge water, and add it to the hlt. Which in a 3 tier is placed above the mlt, with the kettle on the bottom.

Some people use a second kettle and burner for the hlt.

So would you prefer one or two?

So would you prefer one or two?

Personally I use a 2 burner set up when I'm brewing at home, I use a keggle for my hlt, fire it up while I'm mashing, I don't like to transfer hot water, or lift it.

With the second burner, I can heat my water to strike temp, open the valve and fill my mlt, while I'm mashing I'm heating up my sparge water without having to transfer it hot. Everyone has their own system though.

I bet Ozzie will be a great 'big brother'. :mug:

Personally I use a 2 burner set up when I'm brewing at home, I use a keggle for my hlt, fire it up while I'm mashing, I don't like to transfer hot water, or lift it.

With the second burner, I can heat my water to strike temp, open the valve and fill my mlt, while I'm mashing I'm heating up my sparge water without having to transfer it hot. Everyone has their own system though.

Ok thanks for the info. Guess I'm undecided on what I want

I bet Ozzie will be a great 'big brother'. :mug:

:mug: he will have his nose broken, so will her dog, the porcupine killer. they are both pretty spoiled. But they will be great with the lil one.

Moving on to a chilled glass of sauv blanc. Caught a little bass, but nothing else so far.

Ok thanks for the info. Guess I'm undecided on what I want

I would think about how you want to set it up. Figure out what will work with your space. Another thing to consider would be whether or not you want a second burner. Without it you are better off with a cooler, it will hold the temperature steady.

Coffee & a cig. Tryin to get bright after bottling yesterday,gettin drunk,& waking up to a bit of a mess to clean. Got the grains & all outta the fridge & freezer for that 2nd PM Berlin Wheat kit from midwest (this one was the oopsie on there part). Cleaning the rollers on the grain mill ws a bit tedious. a 1" trim brush alone wouldn't get the grain kernals mashed into them out.
Had to use an exacto knife to get that stuff outta the knurls on the rollers.
Gotta crush some grains & clean it again...:drunk:

Back