What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully no one was hurt, nothing damaged and no arrests?

You're welcome! Is that your first time with it or have you had it before? If first time - watcha think?

First time with any RR, thanks for sending it. Great little session-able Belgian, nothing over the top, but nothing out of place.

Love this stout ... especially with the chocolate cake!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1388621946.240661.jpg

Who knew that a party full of MadDog 20/20 could turn a house full of adults into screaming clawing cat fighting teenagers!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Home Brew mobile app

Sounds like a fun night. Nothing wrong with a little New Years Donnybrook :ban:

Drinking my Smoked Black Saison.

My Black Hole Oaked Bourbon Vanilla Chocolate Imperial Stout. Hello's post last night made me want to have some so I threw some in the fridge today while I was brewing. Gets better every time I try it, but I really need to just leave it alone for about another year. Good thing the pipeline's about to be pretty full again here in a few weeks.

20140101_194300 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Balls and ass, that's all I got from that. :D

A) I hate to admit that I am slightly intrigued by the dude with batman wrist bands. Unless it's a child, then I couldn't care less.
B) what's the tattoo say?

Clearly I am finishing my growler.

To A: its my roommate
And to B: its the second amendment :mug:

It's not that bad. It's basically just regular beer + pineapple. Get past all the fancy lingo and it's just basic beer. Relax, sit back, have a homebrew.

J. J.

BK: how is it? I've been considering doing one. The last (and only) one I've done was Joe's Quick Grape. Done many of these batches and they're awesome.

Not sure how it quoted that but I selected Billy Klubs post about Pyment. Damn app.

Mystery beer #11, Jefferson's Tavern Ale. Pretty good easy drinkerImageUploadedByHome Brew1388626874.169894.jpg
Edit: just checked this in to Untappd and realized it's 8%. Apparently it hides the ABV pretty well. :drunk:

BK: how is it? I've been considering doing one. The last (and only) one I've done was Joe's Quick Grape. Done many of these batches and they're awesome.

Not sure how it quoted that but I selected Billy Klubs post about Pyment. Damn app.

it's quite nice. 1.130 to 1.034. I used a can of Merlot base & 12.5 lbs of honey in a 4 gallon batch. I might open another sample bottle.

Drinking a metric ass load of water today after last night. Lots of barrel aged beers were consumed, but the highlight of the night was an '06 DFH 120 Minute. It was really amazing, like a fine brandy. I wouldn't dare drink one fresh I don't think as the alcohol warmth was still there, but really smooth.

Drinking a metric ass load of water today after last night. Lots of barrel aged beers were consumed, but the highlight of the night was an '06 DFH 120 Minute. It was really amazing, like a fine brandy. I wouldn't dare drink one fresh I don't think as the alcohol warmth was still there, but really smooth.

it's amazing what some age can do. some beers when fresh are just a mean face puncher. but with some well maintained time, it's like they cover themselves in extremely well cushioned silk covered in butter before punching.

it's amazing what some age can do. some beers when fresh are just a mean face puncher. but with some well maintained time, it's like they cover themselves in extremely well cushioned silk covered in butter before punching.

Ain't that the truth! That one did some punching alright... I woke up at 7:30am still hammered drunk. Fell back asleep for a few more hours and then fought the hangover with a huge breakfast, coffee, water, and ibuprofen. Then went shooting out in the desert. :ban:

3rd Racking of my 3 diff. local honey meads/1melomel one was wildflower/Basswood the other was a Wildflower/Bluberry honey-literally the bees were sucking on the blueberries and it tasted like it too! Pretty stellar honey and early season as well. Also I mixed both them in another gallon and added Black Cherry juice to it. All 3 I racked were amazing and everything I was hoping for-D47 yeast is awesome for that residual sweetness. All of them had a weird cloudiness I was suspisicous of but it doesnt appear to be dropping gravity anymore or tasting offf. And sample appeared to be quite clear as well. Somehow whatever it was with the white powdery stuff seemed to be clinging to the side of the fermenter making me nervous_ I have faith though this stuff is over 10% and sulfited now and cellaring in my basement now at fairly cool temps.

Anyway, after a HopAPotamus from Great River Brewery as my first beer of the year and a tad- bit end of a bottle ofViking Blod mead, Im having a Green Bullet-love it. Damn, its gonna be tough to try to go to bed early tonight and go back to work. Not ready yet for that dullness.

Saga', yep definatly a go to ipa only seasonal I think, crap. Im ok with absense makes the heart grow fonder though and can wait.

Hydro sample of my saison. Down to 1.018 in 3 days from 1.064. It started off on the cool end (70F) but I ramped it up to about 80F today. I'm using WY3711, it tastes like a delicious, spicy weizen right now. Very fruity and spicy, but without the clove. I wonder if I should make a weizen-esque beer with it this summer...

Back