Nice people are AWESOME

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Deathweed

Reaction score
SWMBO and I just got home from a massive 2 week roadtrip and had an amazing time. Our last night in NOLA, I must say that SWMBO and I met the nicest people in the world, and had one incredible evening because of them. It was a hot afternoon about 1-2ish, and SWMBO and I had been walking around the French quarter shopping and sight seeing. We stopped in at a random bar to grab a beer to go (that was an awesome experience that I took advantage of many times while there :D) but ended up staying for a little since it was cool inside.

A few minutes later a couple came and sat near us while we were trying to decide where we wanted to grab dinner that night, and I happened to see the bartender setting something on fire, then mixing it with the drink before serving it to our neighbors. Curious, I asked the I guy what that was, and turns out we had ended up in Jean Lafitte's Old Absinthe House. They guy, figuring I had never had absinthe before went ahead and ordered one for my wife and I. 6 hours of conversation, several rounds of absinthe, and countless beers later, we decided to go to dinner. Before I could even get my hand to my back pocket, they had picked up both our tabs and were dragging us out the door. Before I knew it we were sitting at a table in a place I didn't even know was a restaurant, eating some of the best food I have ever had. Planning to pay them back for the drinks by picking up dinner, I was told by the waiter that they had already payed for all of our meals!

I know that we racked up several hundred dollars in food and drink, yet this couple covered out entire evening without even really knowing us!

I know one day I will pay this forward, but for now I want to just extend a giant thank you to all the nice people out there in the world:rockin:

Yea people like that rock- Ive done it a few times. Nothing more fun than talking, drinking and eating with new people

Latest posts

Back