DIY breaking the law

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2brew1cup

Reaction score
I got fired from my job. And given the economy i couldnt bring myself to tell my family what had happened. So i decided i wouldnt say anything id just get a new job. So i went home after sitting in my car for the length of my shift. Unfortunately i had a "shift" the next morning as well. So i decided i would go to Lowes and hide out for 4 hours. I started off just wandering around looking at turkey fryers and grills. Then i moved to axes and things got boring fast. I walked by a 5 gal circular style cooler. I remembered seeing a DIY mash tun involving this type of cooler. So in my boredom and took it over to plumbing, removing the valves along the way. I got to plumbing and spent about 2 hours building different mash tun valve set ups. I was removing valves from bags. Combining female/male bits even going so far as to use adhesives rendering my creations unsalvagable to other customers. I had a few employes ask me if i needed help but i was in the zone so they left me. I completed this amazing mash tun and added up the cost. It was around 45 dollars. Not bad but i didnt want to buy it at all it was just an experiment. And so i walked off. Leaving a cooler missing the spigot and about 50 dollars worth of plumbing supplies combined into various models for use, one setup now forever joined with the cooler, struwn about the aisle. Looking back i viewed a young employee staring down at it motionless. I left the store. Drove home. And my family about my fictional day at work.

underground and under the influence

Maybe you should just tell them. Before you get evicted/foreclosed on.

Here I thought my contempt for other customers peaked at putting various fittings back into the wrong bins. Maybe you should spend your imaginary shift filling out applications.
You have to be a troll.

bobby_m said:
here i thought my contempt for other customers peaked at putting various fittings back into the wrong bins. Maybe you should spend your imaginary shift filling out applications.
You have to be a troll.

+1

And what's worse, you almost sound proud. Not cool.

Lmfao! I love that story. I'm like dying laughing right now. You are awesome dude!

Did you post this just to get a hard time? Like your honesty, but your ethics??

Edit: Scratch the honesty comment. I do hope everything gets better for you and your family though.

discnjh said:
What store? Maybe some other folks in the providence area can come and just spend a day combining some of your liquors together in interesting ways.

Haha...Now that's funny.

Always check for the safety seal on your booze.

Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg

he is protected from the law by his enormous wall of text......

LOL, awesome. I'm kind of blown away by the negative comments. Come on, that's completely funny and compared to the amount of employee theft, probably minimal. Besides he didn't steal anything, just ruined some stuff.

I laughed, but I am glad I don't work there.

Not that the zombies that work at Lowes are going to care, they still get their $8 per hour.

LOL, awesome. I'm kind of blown away by the negative comments. Come on, that's completely funny and compared to the amount of employee theft, probably minimal.

Yes, because as long as something else is worse, whatever you want to do is OK.

Besides he didn't steal anything, just ruined some stuff.

Wow. So you're cool if I come to your house and smash your TV. I didn't steal anything, I just ruined some stuff. how is ruining stuff ANY DIFFERENT from stealing as far as the owner of the stuff goes? Honestly, its worse, because now you have crap you have to clean up as well.

discnjh said:
Yes, because as long as something else is worse, whatever you want to do is OK.

Wow. So you're cool if I come to your house and smash your TV. I didn't steal anything, I just ruined some stuff. how is ruining stuff ANY DIFFERENT from stealing as far as the owner of the stuff goes? Honestly, its worse, because now you have crap you have to clean up as well.

Dude calm down, it's a multi million dollar corporation. Comparatively, scaling down to the level of a household, no I wouldn't care if someone came and ruined $0.02 of my stuff.

Dude calm down, it's a multi million dollar corporation. Comparatively, scaling down to the level of a household, no I wouldn't care if someone came and ruined $0.02 of my stuff.

I'm not getting worked up about anything. And you go ahead and keep rationalizing all you want. :D

Builders and breakers. That's what I tell my kids.

Some people are part of the noble human experiment, carving art out of chaos. Building something from nothing, conceiving great things and giving them form with sweat and muscle.

The other group kicks over sand castles, spray paints bridge abutments, returns art to chaos.

I'm hoping my kids are builders. But we'll see.

Lame. Really lame.

Im sure that spilling pesto was not the only reason you got fired.

Clearly some very poor choices.

This demonstrates irresponsible behavior and a lack of respect for others and others property. Being dishonest to family is a tremendous display of disrespect to the very people who really care the most. Further a total failure in accepting responsibility for your own actions and shows a lack of courage to admit error and failure.

Where is your self respect?

I would be very ashamed to tell such a story.

Why would you lie to the people who love you and care about you and would help and support you? What have you done to the trust they had in you? How much hurt have you brought to them?

I wonder if you even considered this before you took action and then spewed it out upon the internet?

This is very sad and such activities are not to be condoned, they are not funny in the least.

I completed this amazing mash tun and added up the cost. It was around 45 dollars. Not bad but i didnt want to buy it at all it was just an experiment. And so i walked off. Leaving a cooler missing the spigot and about 50 dollars worth of plumbing supplies combined into various models for use

I'm still trying to figure out how he built a $45 mash tun out of $50 in plumbing supplies...If OP really did get fired, maybe it was his math skills?

And I agree with discnjh, doesn't matter if its a hugh corporation. Destroying property is destroying property. However, Home depot would simply pull this "amazing tun" apart and sell the parts full price without original packaging.

I did the same thing once.
Well, minus the lying to family or getting fired part.
In fact, I paid for my creation after I was done building it.

So I guess our stories are nothing alike.

I'm still trying to figure out how he built a $45 mash tun out of $50 in plumbing supplies...If OP really did get fired, maybe it was his math skills?

Or the construction was so poor that the assembles mash tun was worth less than the sum of its parts? ;)

This guy has to be a troll. Look at his name and I think it is the same guy who started that retarded $8 bush beer thread. What a jack ass.

this is the exact reason I am pro hitting customers in the face with bricks

Do you run a brick store? That would make sense, otherwise I would select something you sell otherwise you are going to have to take a trip to the brick store and I've been told that guy throws bricks at people's faces.

Fired for spilled pesto.

Fair enough. That stuff is expensive.

Lame. Really lame.

Im sure that spilling pesto was not the only reason you got fired.

I don't know, that stuff is pretty expensive.

TheMan said:

I built a few different valve models. Also my family knows now. I just could not have let my father know i was let go FOR SPILLING PESTO until i had another job. Which i did 4 days later. As for graffiti and being a poor customer.. What can i say imma rebel thats why i homebrew.

Do you run a brick store? That would make sense, otherwise I would select something you sell otherwise you are going to have to take a trip to the brick store and I've been told that guy throws bricks at people's faces.

I keep a cobblestone on my desk at the firehouse, they are re useable ;)

I just could not have let my father know i was let go
that explains a lot . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back