Hoppy Birthday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerMe21

Reaction score
My self-gifted birthday present has been ordered: 4lbs from hopsdirect! 1lb of cascade, willamette, northern brewer, and bravo :ban: Now I just need to convince SWMBO to let me pick up a bag of 2-row from lhbs....

In the meantime any suggested recipes for these hop varieties? :tank:

I really like Cascade and Williamette for aroma and flavoring. Cascade actually works well for bittering, too. Maybe an American Pale Ale?

I have not used Northern Brewer or Bravo so far.

Just did an american amber with all cascade yesterday.

6 lbs Amber LME , Northern Brewer
12 oz Munich malt
12 oz Victory malt
4 oz crystal 40

1 oz cascade 60
1 oz cascade 15
1 oz cascade flame out
1 oz cascade dry hop

You could make a pretty darn good IPA with all those hops! Use the cascade towards the end or flameout and/or dryhop with an oz of cascade. I haven't personally used bravo or northern brewer yet but I would do the bravo for bittering, few ounces, and northern brew earlier in the hop schedule as well.

Thanks for the recipe idea Clann, I will have to try that one out. Yeah I have used these previously in pale ales, excluding bravo so hopefully i can brew up something tasty with them. I have been meaning to make a rye iipa...

This was my "Hoppy Birthday" present :D. You could easily brew something the same, just sub the bittering hops, of course this is a true hop bomb, I CANT WAIT!!!! The airlock hasn't stopped moving since Saturday PM a couple of hours after I pitched the big starter.

5lbs 2-row
8oz Crystal 60
4oz Carafa III
3lbs light DME (added at 20min left in boil)

Mash @ 153 for 90min

.25oz Warrior @ 60
1.0oz Nugget @ 60
1.0oz Cascade @ 15
1.0oz Cascade @ 12
1.0oz Cascade @ 9
1.0oz Cascade @ 6
1.0oz Cascade @ 3

1098 British Ale starter

DH 1oz Cascade
DH 1oz Willamette

9.5% ABV