The Bare Necessities

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomelessWook

Reaction score
003.jpg

Look for the bare necessities
The simple bare necessities
Forget about your worries and your strife
I mean the bare necessities
Old Mother Nature's recipes
That brings the bare necessities of life

What's in your fridge HBT?

:mug:

My girlfriend loves it -it isnt bad but it is hard to transition back to a watery light beer after drinking hoppy sweet beers and heavy dark beers.

should i feel bad my fridge has more beer then food?

I worked in a beverage center on the Mass and New York border. We got customers who traveled very far from Mass to buy the Yuengling all the time because it wasn't sold in Mass. To top it off IMHO this is one of the best beers you can get for the price.

it baffles me that Yuengling is Americas older brewery yet it is still very regional - it is brewed in PA somewhere - i live in VA and travel quite a bit on the east coast - i can find it pretty much everywhere at any gas station. i wonder what states it hasn't made it to yet

Ohio, as mentioned above and i imagine most midwest/western states.

I'm from Richmond, VA where the Yuengling flows like PBR...

But thanks for the recommendation :)

edit: i htought i made this thread in general beer discussion - feel free to move it if it doesn't belong here.

i just popped the top on one of these Flying Dog "Gonzo Imperial Porter" i picked up and it is very good.

I was just recently turned on to Flying dog about a week ago when i was looking for Hopslam - the guy at the beer store i go to recommended me Flying Dog 'Raging *****' because they were out - very tasty beer and i would highly recommend it - decided to try something else by flying dog - very satisfied.

My girlfriend loves it -it isnt bad but it is hard to transition back to a watery light beer after drinking hoppy sweet beers and heavy dark beers.

should i feel bad my fridge has more beer then food?

i can relate to what your saying:mug: my dad loves that stuff, he doesnt really like the darker more flavorful beers as i like to call it, but to each his own.:)

I'm sure you are referring to everything in our fridges, not just our beers...

I have food in my fridge lol. However, my beer supply is low. I've got a few Coor's Originals, a couple of homebrews (Bavarian Hefe's) and a PBR...

I need to get out and pick something up!

Well if we all come over, serve them the Yuengling (meh....) and I'll take a Gonzo.

hahah

honestly though

i would be willing to ship a 6 pack of Yuengling to the first person that says they want it if they pick up the shipping cost (ill buy the beer :) )

Yuengling is brewed in Pottsville PA and is about a hour from me in NJ. I love it. What is great about it is, it is a good tasting lager and is not very expensive. It used to be considered a cheep beer. The brewery used to be very small and could only distribute to a small area. In the past 10 years the have built a new bigger brewery and are trying to reach out to more of the country. That being said, good beer, good price.

i figure i can afford cough up the 6 bucks :)

not sure how much shipping is but if it isn't to expensive i would be will to pay that too.

Wow. That last post was not my best.

No sir i dont paypal but send me a private message with your info and i will see how much cost of shipping is and give and get an exact number of the cost - my guess is about 12 bucks but i really do not know how much shipping a 6 pack comes out to be - if the total is 15 dollars or bellow i'll cover everything.

Back