What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that St Somewhere talk this am made me thirsty. Funkalicious!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395882874.503455.jpg

I let a friend borrow mine & never got it back. i need to replace it someday.

Not quoting this for the quote, but I have seen your "name" but your screen name on here is awesome. It reminds me of listening to Lagwagon. Not sure if you will get the reference, but I do know also what a billy club is. Very random I know, but now I am now listening to Lagwagon haha.

Oh, and the song is "Billy Club" by Lagwagon on the "Blaze" album.

That's an interesting beer, the last one I had was Bretty as hell. By the looks of that head, that one is too :D

It's out of control. That's the first pour, after 5 min and a second half-pour. :D

I'm digging it though. Glad I can find it near me now

It's out of control. That's the first pour, after 5 min and a second half-pour. :D

I'm digging it though. Glad I can find it near me now

You know you got a good bottle when the cork sounds like a champagne bottle and the head is as stiff as meringue

Martin city brewing company . Imperial stout! Pizza and taps! Great beer and stone fired pizza with my woman

Dude that place was awesome. Im glad you recommended it. The pizza was great and their parti-gyle was fantastic. We even got to see all the barrels when we went cuz they left door open. I about walked through it :D

Knickstape. Water.

Sent from my mobile device. /rant

When I go to Florida in a few weeks, that is the first thing I'm looking for. That is the only place I've ever seen it and it made it a hell of an impression on me.

I'm surprised you can't get it in MI if I can get it in NY.

It's on the taps in my old LA bar. I'd have (or so) at the end of every shift. Best IPA I've ever had.

It's on the taps in my old LA bar. I'd have (or so) at the end of every shift. Best IPA I've ever had.

Michigan has restrictive distribution laws.

EDIT: looked it up and they absolutely do not distribute in Michigan.

Saying farewell to some older batches 3 yrs old now, had my last6.5% Amber Malt bomb which seemed hot/dry and oxidized a little now, and my last Golden Pacific Gem-which held up surprisingly nice,one of my few older extract batches-kinda disappointed this is my last one.Nice aroma and flavor still. My 4% extract batch beats my 6.5% partial mash, I did note in my notes that I dryhopped the 4% batch and happened to use honeymalt which Ive loved about every beer Ive made with it-...3 yrs ago. Why do I mention all of this- because you care.:)

How'd it turn out? I need to brew my smoked chocolate porter again. It's definitely one of my favorite beers I've brewed.

Tasted really good I'm pretty happy with it. The only smoked porter I've ever had is the one from Alaskan brewing and I was pretty overwhelmed by the smokiness. So I backed off the smoked malt some and I think it works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yup. Definitely expensive. I think $13.99 or so at consumer's. But hey, it's damn good and we're getting it all the way out here. Rather cheap compared to the 22s I picked up today. $55 for 8 12oz beers and 3 22s. Only the 4 pack of Chillwave is for consumption soon.
Need to find another cold beer.

Tasted really good I'm pretty happy with it. The only smoked porter I've ever had is the one from Alaskan brewing and I was pretty overwhelmed by the smokiness. So I backed off the smoked malt some and I think it works well.

Yeah, smoked malt can overtake a beer very easily. I did use quite a bit in mine, 10 oz cherrywood smoked malt in a 5 gallon batch. But, it turned out really good and the smoke and chocolate played well together.

Back home and having an HB Citra Citrus Wheat. I have some good stuff from my travels to sort through, but it's good to be home and have a home brew! Carb has settled a bit and I'm still loving it. Strawberry Blonde will be sampled tomorrow. Half gallon Murray's Super Easy Cider and 5 gallons of Costa Kona Mocha Latte Stout should be ready to bottle!

1395890894039.jpg

Back home and having an HB Citra Citrus Wheat. I have some good stuff from my travels to sort through, but it's good to be home and have a home brew! Carb has settled a bit and I'm still loving it. Strawberry Blonde will be sampled tomorrow. Half gallon Murray's Super Easy Cider and 5 gallons of Costa Kona Mocha Latte Stout should be ready to bottle!

Lets see the haul!!! :D

View attachment 188793
Perfect night cap following this
View attachment 188794
View attachment 188795

You work or the Fire Department or you working the construction on the project??

I am a firefighter our here by San Francisco, and it was amazing how similar this was to the huge fire we had in San Fran. That rescue of the worker was crazy!!

Godspeed to the 2 Boston Firefighters that lost their lives today in a huge apartment fire there. So sad. Prayers for them and their families.

I'm a chauffeur with HFD. Biggest fire in my 10 yrs career. RIP brothers of Boston. I know what there going through.

I'm a chauffeur with HFD. Biggest fire in my 10 yrs career. RIP brothers of Boston. I know what there going through.

A chauffer? So do you drive the chief around?? Just wondering as its different than our system out here. Good for you, but bad for the fire. Pretty damn crazy. Glad you are safe and able to enjoy a brew. Cheers brotha'!

Back