pilsner problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dockmasterjc

Reaction score
I brewed a true brew pilsner and when I was moving the bucket, I spilled some vodka that I use in the airlock. It was only about one ounce. Is this going to hurt my final product? Mt fermentation went strong for only about 1 1/2 days does this seem normal for a pilsner? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Chances are that you are brewing anything BUT a pilesner using that yeast and tempertures.
True lagers are fermented cool and using lager yeast and then properly lagered.
Your "lager like" ale should be fine. Let it go undisturbed for another week and then check the gravity to see if it has finished. You can then either leave it for a further 2 weeks or you can rack to a secondary if it is finished in the primary.

I agree with boo boo. I have made a few True Brew kits over the years and my LHBS told me that all the yeast in every True Brew kit is an ale yeast, but haven't verified with TB/Muntons. As far as the activity, all my TB kits have finished quicker than an equivalent ag batch, using liquid yeast. The vodka won't matter a bit.

Back