What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam Adams Chocolate Bock. It's actually really nice. Has an awesome chocolate flavor to it.

My sparkling frozen concentrated apple juice wine. Surprisingly it was hit for Christmas.

image-3920618865.jpg

Practicing my off flavors for my BJCP exam by adding $hit to this. Right now I am working on "nutty." And just because I know someone will ask, the only reason I have it around in the first place is because my FIL left it here when he came over for dinner one night.

You monster, that could've been in a cake!

My sparkling frozen concentrated apple juice wine is actually pretty damn good with a few months on it. And a bit intoxicating I think I'll make it again, especially being that my mom likes it too.

My Mild. This might well be the best beer I've done. Smooth, balanced, easy drinking, full of flavor, and 3.7%. Runs on par with every commercial one I've had. Just wish my cell phone and bad apartment lighting could do it visual justice. Damn you all and your DSLR cameras...

20130114_234100[1].jpg

My Mild. This might well be the best beer I've done. Smooth, balanced, easy drinking, full of flavor, and 3.7%. Runs on par with every commercial one I've had. Just wish my cell phone and bad apartment lighting could do it visual justice. Damn you all and your DSLR cameras...

You can still take decent pics with a camera phone. Try turning off the flash and seeing if you can get a light source behind your glass of beer. Also, taking the pic at the level of the beer instead of looking down at it will help.

You can still take decent pics with a camera phone. Try turning off the flash and seeing if you can get a light source behind your glass of beer. Also, taking the pic at the level of the beer instead of looking down at it will help.

Eh, flash or no flash, the problem is the lighting. There's nowhere in this apartment you can get decent lighting for a worthwhile shot.

Eh, flash or no flash, the problem is the lighting. There's nowhere in this apartment you can get decent lighting for a worthwhile shot.

Well, rest easy knowing that even if you have a DSLR, $hitty lighting will still result in a $hitty pic. If you can buy a small lamp or something to get some backlight that alone will improve the quality of your photos by leaps and bounds.

Well, rest easy knowing that even if you have a DSLR, $hitty lighting will still result in a $hitty pic. If you can buy a small lamp or something to get some backlight that alone will improve the quality of your photos by leaps and bounds.

Oh, I know. If I grab a shot in sunlight during the day with my cell, sometimes I can get a decent one, but not after dark. My wife actually has a decent DSLR. Brought it up more as a jab at y'all and your framed backlit malt-garnished photos :p

But still, this Mild is brilliantly clear, with no finings other than Whirfloc. A beer with no chill haze is very, very rare for me. Would be nice to have a pic showing such.

Blind Pig and Truffle Cheese, seems a fitting pair.
Probably much older than SFGiantsfan's, but still good.
Had it in the fridge for a trade, and have been broke watching it get old, and was invited for a free ride to PtY day at RR, so all trades will be fulfilled with decently fresh beer!
But for the time being...
Its better enjoyed today, than any older.
Wife opened a Lagunitas Sucks, and we opened an even older Pliny, and my strong Dansk style pils.

ForumRunner_20130114_213806.png

Have fun with PtY day ;) make sure to feed the meter or park at the mall, and bring warm clothes , Advil, and a sandwich. And when you slump into your chair and enjoy that delicious beer as people who are in line stare through the window at you as you drink it, and glare angrily wanting you to GTFO so they can move through, just know that the beer gods are smiling down upon you for your sacrifice. It is quite an ordeal.

I'm having a quad I brewed. It's two years old now and I think it's starting to dip.

I am planning on going to RR to get some PtY but I am not going for the release. F that noise. Not standing for hours for a beer haha. But I will go a week later to hopefully try it. And it's SF Beer Week. Lots of great events here around the Bay Area.

Ever since I had that white one, I've been trying to find a recipe similar to it so I can brew it this summer.
11.jpg

We'll be going within the first three days supposedly, and will hit drakes, and maybe lagunitas, and whatever else we can stomach. We have a reservation at a hotel that is. 5 miles from there, and a walk through a mall.

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Found the last 6'er of Lagunitas Sucks in a local store. I have never had it, and wish I had found it sooner. It rocks!!!

Loving that beer! Local store just had a sale for $6.99 a 6er!!

odinsgift said:
We'll be going within the first three days supposedly, and will hit drakes, and maybe lagunitas, and whatever else we can stomach. We have a reservation at a hotel that is. 5 miles from there, and a walk through a mall.

You'll be waiting in line for, and I'm not exaggerating, a minimum of 6 hours. It's only gotten worse each year. You may be able to get in a little quicker by getting there significantly before it opens a'la Black Friday, and maybe cut it down to 3 or 4. But waiting is just part of the experience. How excited when the lines moves and you get to shuffle a couple feet forward! You won't be visiting any other breweries that day, I can more or less promise that, unless you go super early and go out by 4 or 5. When you're done there you should go to the Whole Foods at Coddingtown mall. They have one of the best beer selections I've seen.

You'll be waiting in line for, and I'm not exaggerating, a minimum of 6 hours. It's only gotten worse each year. You may be able to get in a little quicker by getting there significantly before it opens a'la Black Friday, and maybe cut it down to 3 or 4. But waiting is just part of the experience. How excited when the lines moves and you get to shuffle a couple feet forward! You won't be visiting any other breweries that day, I can more or less promise that, unless you go super early and go out by 4 or 5. When you're done there you should go to the Whole Foods at Coddingtown mall. They have one of the best beer selections I've seen.

Im hoping that after a week or so it wont be that bad. Jeez. If it is really 3-4 hours, I guess I can either just deal with it, or not go at all. Its not that big a deal for me. It sounds like something yo cross off, then dont return haha. On their website it says they have a very select few places that are getting kegs of it. Not sure if there is a way to find out where.

Oh, and coffee for me right now. Its 7AM and slowly waking up

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Im hoping that after a week or so it wont be that bad. Jeez. If it is really 3-4 hours, I guess I can either just deal with it, or not go at all. Its not that big a deal for me. It sounds like something yo cross off, then dont return haha. On their website it says they have a very select few places that are getting kegs of it. Not sure if there is a way to find out where.

Oh, and coffee for me right now. Its 7AM and slowly waking up

When I went they HAD been pouring it for a week already. It was still awful. And that's exactly what it is, a beer geek right of passage that you do and then check off the list. More than anything I just wanted to try it for research purposes. I had it rough too. In front of me I had some overly affectionate lesbians, not the cute kind, and behind me some hipster strumming on a ukelele. I will not be back.

Why don't those guys stop fvckin around and just make more barrels of those specific pliny beers? Does it mean that much to them to have lines of people outside their doors? I'm sure all of the beer will get sold in a month instead of two weeks. I don't know anything about it since I live 3000 miles away in NY but I read about this hype all the time.

Sick day (thankfully I think I can blame it on a turkey sandwich that tasted off, not that nasty stomach virus floating around), so soup, and a Black IPA. And one of the best movies ever.

Back