Second fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterchief1112

Reaction score
the kit i am getting has a fermenter bucket and a bottling bucket, can i use the bottling bucket as a fermenter or is this a bad idea.

THen you will run into a situation where you will want to bottle something and not be able to because you have beer fermenting in your bucket. And honestly I am not a big fan of spigots on my fermenters, to me they are a possible infection harbinger.

Get youself a dedicated bottling bucket, and use it for only that, and get a couple of bucket primaries. They are cheap and you can ferment a couple batches at the same time.

I have 9 and sometimes it's not enough. :D

I used to use mine as a fermenter, but I've changed that habit. You'll end up having to rack the beer to another bucket, then clean out your bottling bucket, then transfering back to the bottling bucket just to bottle one beer. Too much wasted time. Plus, the spigots can harbor a ton of hidden bacteria and are hard to get completely clean.

Latest posts

Back