Who is brewing on Sunday???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I threw together 21 gallons this weekend. 6 gallons green apple reisling, 5 gallons hard cider (ala EdWort), 5 gallons amber with blackstrap molasses, and 5 gallons blueberry bock. Still doing extract until the weather allows for AG. This was a Saturday night Sunday morning kinda thing.

-OCD

Mild is about 10 minutes into the boil.

EDIT: Completed the session without a hitch; yeast pitched right at 11:00 am.

Yesterday turned out to be a entire day of brewing, got started at like 9am and was done around 7is pm. This is the first time I have used the water from the IC cooling the first batch to use on my second batch (doing the green thing). I actually collected 8 gal of water that was around 150, wasn't too hard to get that up to mashing temps. I'm pretty sure I saved a lot of propane and time.

Brewed a 6 gallon batch of starter wort Saturday, does that count?
10 lbs of two row and an ounce of some old Simcoe that's been sitting around for a long time. I've got one more batch left to can.
OBTW, the weather here was brutal this weekend, low 80's and sunny.

Brewed a Rogue Younger's Special Bitter (YSB) clone yesterday with a Pacman yeast starter from the night before. Things went smoothly.

Caught most of the Eagles/Cardinals game and barely any of the Ravens/Steelers. SWMBO wanted to watch Hamlet 2 when I was done brewing so no more football. The movie was funny though.

I'm a big Steelers fan. Born and raised in Pittsburgh. I get so damn nervous watching this time of year that I need to be doing something while watching. So I brewed a batch of Edworts HPA. Brewing really helps calm the nerves.

I'm a little late on the thread, but I did 10 gallons of BM's Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale clone. I still cant believe that I managed to stay sober the entire time.

Back