Wine making help...Moscato?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pubwilson

Reaction score
I have fun making my beer, but I want to try some wine because SWMBO really likes her wine. Before I get into something new, I have a question. Are there any recipes or kits for making a Moscato?
That's her favorite type of wine and I would really like to suprise her with a couple bottles of it. Thanks in advance for any tips for getting into wine. :)

I dont think those Alexanders are a good product myself. I would look around for juice buckets at a brew shop in around August when the grapes and fresh juices are available for that.

To each his own. I won a gold medal at the International Mead Festival a couple of years ago with a pyment made using an Alexander's product. I personally wouldn't dismiss them out of hand. Good luck finding Muscat juice in a top of the line kit, unless you'd like to try an Orange Muscat Port-style kit that would be very unlike the Moscato your wife enjoys so much.

Since it seems Muscat are not in season, is there something comparable to Muscat, sweet and not dry that I might try for SWMBO?

Since it seems Muscat are not in season, is there something comparable to Muscat, sweet and not dry that I might try for SWMBO?

No grapes are in season right now! You might be able to find some frozen, but I'd probably just go with a kit for now.

There are many, many types of kits. I'm not a fan of sweet wines, so I've never tried any kits that she may like, but I think the quality of them is all about the same. I like the Cellar Craft kits- they have many varieties and you may find something that she would like.

I know this is an old thread, but I've been trying to determine what yeasts to use for muscato style wines.

Specifially we really like the Twisted Muscato Spain. Love the "apple juice" style crispness and sweetness, low acidic and not dry.

Anyone have some suggestions?

Back