Has this happened to anyone else??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aksea102

Reaction score
You decide to start hombrewing and stumble upon this site. You begin reading it every other day or so (in addition to The Complete Joy of Homebrewing). Then you begin to check the HBT site regularly, amazed at the DIY projects, the recipes, the pure ingenuity of homebrewers out there. Next you are reading threads at work, laughing aloud at RDWHAHB. Oops. And back at home, visualizing the spare bedroom as a future (and mini) brewroom/lounge. Every single day the possibilities seem unlimited.
I'm addicted AND LOVING IT!!!

You're only reading this site every other day? .....

Sounds like it's just a phase, no serious interest. It'll pass :)

I'm with ya! I'm on the night shift and when nights are slow (like last night) I'm on this site pretty much for the whole 8 hours.

I just unpacked my equipment today and am looking forward to getting my ingredients for my first two batches in the mail from AHS soon.

Can't wait to get some stuff bottled- the only problem is I have no room for kegging equipment, although I'm sure that's not too far around the corner!

:mug:

Oh, yes. And then before you know it, you're a moderator of the biggest homebrewing forum on the internet.

isn't this how it goes Yooper?

"so I broke my leg - decided to learn to make wine to pass the time; took too long, so started getting into beer - 16,000+ posts later, yada, yada, yada" :D

but OP - yeah, same thing happened to me - made a couple extract batches with a friend, looked for some clone recipes, stumbled upon HBT, built an MLT, HLT, bought a CFC and a 15-gallon SS pot, yada, yada, yada....

welcome to the addicition :mug:

And then you notice you should actually give these guys a few beans just because you have wasted the last year of you life on this forum.

OH - yea - what other hobby can justify drinking vast amounts of beer.

You decide to start hombrewing and stumble upon this site. You begin reading it every other day or so (in addition to The Complete Joy of Homebrewing). Then you begin to check the HBT site regularly, amazed at the DIY projects, the recipes, the pure ingenuity of homebrewers out there. Next you are reading threads at work, laughing aloud at RDWHAHB. Oops. And back at home, visualizing the spare bedroom as a future (and mini) brewroom/lounge. Every single day the possibilities seem unlimited.
I'm addicted AND LOVING IT!!!

Nope, nobody here knows what you are talking about. Quite honestly, you sound like a MADMAN!!! :mug:

Don't tell my boss, but my productivity has decreased SIGNIFICANTLY since discovering this site about 2 and a half weeks ago. And I'm forcing myself to stick to the Beginner Brewer, DIY Projects, and General Discussion forums for the most part. I found that once I started surfing around the other ones, my entire day flew by.

I haven't even finished my first batch yet, although I did rack it to the secondary last night for the first time. Very exciting. It looks so pretty in that shiny glass carboy.

MADWOMAN, actually!

Phew, glad to hear other people's work productivity has decreased as well.

Since this addiction doesnt sound cureable, I may need to log off and look into housekeepers...the home productivity is on the downhill slope too.

Ah well. Who cares. BEER!!!

oh geez, between this place, and texags.com (safe from jokes), I am on forums way too much.

and i just redid my kitchen, so all my existing cabinets are going into garage, so it's like a free for all with me designing cabinet placement to best suit my future beer fridge, fermentation chamber, future kegerator, big wash sink, etc..

and i just redid my kitchen, so all my existing cabinets are going into garage, so it's like a free for all with me designing cabinet placement to best suit my future beer fridge, fermentation chamber, future kegerator, big wash sink, etc..

You're very lucky for having that kind of space. I'm jealous. I live in a tiny, 700 sq ft condo in the middle of the city, and I'm trying to plan out where I'm going to put all my crap. I've had 4 huge cardboard boxes full of equipment chilling in the middle of my living room for almost 3 weeks now.

MADWOMAN, actually!

I never understood why gender makes any difference to beermaking... must be just me.

I just love that my SWMBF has learned what hops are, and what other types of hops taste like. I just hate that she hates hops above BMC levels.

Same here, started in February. I have brewed 40+ gallons and already collecting my AG equipment, joined the AHA (includes a subscrition to Zymurgy), read TCJOHB 3rd Edition, John Palmer's How to Brew, picking up the Homebrewer's Companion tonight (have it on hold at B & N), have aquired 300+ bottles. It's more than an addiction it is an OBSESSION. I am even trying to get in good with the local brewpub and hopefully I can observe a brew day, maybe even participate (wishful thinking, but you never know).:rockin:

Nope... no idea what you're talkin' 'bout. I only hit this site once in a blue moon and my little beer hobby is nothing but a little side-thing I do once in a blue moon. Equip? bars? Bah... who needs 'em!?

Same here, started in February. I have brewed 40+ gallons and already collecting my AG equipment, joined the AHA (includes a subscrition to Zymurgy), read TCJOHB 3rd Edition, John Palmer's How to Brew, picking up the Homebrewer's Companion tonight (have it on hold at B & N), have aquired 300+ bottles. It's more than an addiction it is an OBSESSION. I am even trying to get in good with the local brewpub and hopefully I can observe a brew day, maybe even participate (wishful thinking, but you never know).:rockin:

My father in law has been giving me bottles for months. It's getting pretty out of hand. Can't wait until I start kegging. I picked up a cheap CO2 cylinder and regulator off of craigslist for $25!

Which brewpub? I've been trying to get my friends to take a tour of Thunder Canyon with me but it always ends up falling through.

And then you notice you should actually give these guys a few beans just because you have wasted the last year of you life on this forum.

OH - yea - what other hobby can justify drinking vast amounts of beer.

I'm trying to get my Geocaching Hobby fired up some. It doesn't justify drinking vast amounts of beer, but at least it offsets the some of the calories :)

Back