Drank a Bud ughhhh

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, we call those "well drinks"

I do enjoy Miller lite on occasion. Thats the beauty about beers. Light american lagers are just another variety you can pick from. :mug:

Been brewing my own since March of this year and for the first time ever (started kegging a month ago) i have had beer on hand that i have brewed and not had to drink the BMC brews. That being said i thought to myself "self, lets switch things up and have one of your old Favs the Coors light". I did this after about a month of nothing but drinking my own brews.

I am here to tell you that it was not pleasurable to do. I am not saying i do not hold a special place in my heart for a CL, especially when it is hot out and i have been laboring in the yard all day long, but i have finally reached a place when i can say "WOW, this is no good!"

Reverend

Walker-san said:
Holy cow.... that's rediculous.

I've gotten used to restaurants calling sierra nevada and the like "imports" in their menus (if it ain't B/M/C, it must be from some other country), but MICHELOB? Crikey...

-walker

At the Hippodrome Theatre in Baltimore, my wife and I were having a drink at intermission. The sign said "Beer --- domestic $4; imported $5."

So I ordered a Sam Adams and handed over a $5 bill and said "keep the change". The poor server said "sir, you owe me a quarter!!!" SALES TAX on my boston-brewed import!!!

I called her attention to it, but all she could offer was that she was told to charge $5 for the Sams.

On topic ... my wife and I were out on a friends boat a few weeks ago. As usual the coolers were stocked with coors lights. I had a couple and was reaching for another and my wife whispered to me "do you realize that is your 5th beer"???

this is my NEW main problem with brewing ... bmc now tastes SO UNLIKE beer, i just keep sucking down whatever is there in a futile search for ... something, anything.

teu1003:

I wouldn't worry. The Silver Bullet packs about as much of a punch as Clausthaler.

Yeah, "import" has come to mean "anything but BMC". Which is fine, but a bit misleading if you don't know already. I guess, unless you're in boston, Sammy IS technically an import. ;) Whereas BMC ships "beer concentrate" to local distribution centers, where it is mixed with water, carbonated, and shipped out---so it's not really "imported beer", because it's not beer when it's imported.

mmmmmm....beer concentrate...:(

I drink Bud only when I am planning on getting ****faced (which is happening less and less as I get older...) and don't want to spend a lot on a 12 pack...

With Bud and Miller in Mississippi, you cant even use the bottles for homebrew, so they are now totally useless.

:off:

If you want HB bottles go to the local bar and ask for a couple cases of empties. Offer to pay the deposit. Most of the bars selling BMC are NOT twist-offs.

This is how I get mine. If you want champagne bottles you can get them at a banquet hall.

A little late in joining this thread, but here is my confession: a nice cold Bud (in a glass... for some reason that makes it better) with about 8 shakes of salt in it just seems to hit the spot for me. Old Style too. Cant do Bud light, ANY miller products (maybe its the corn?), Coors, etc... but even though the consensus is that Bud and Old Style is the worst of the worst, I find that after mowing the lawn, I can drink 3 of them in about 7 minutes as long as they are in a glass with salt.

Here in Guam, about the best you can find at the grocery store is Corona or Heinakin. On base they usually have guiness, both bottled and the pub draught stuff (I like the tripple stout with a bass to make a nice black and tan, but can't seem to find bass on Island), and they always seem to have ONE micro at any given time - seems to change from month to month with the deliveries - right now I'm pleased to say it's Rogue - Dead Guy Ale, Mocha Porter, and the Red Ale as well. LOVED all three, especially the dead guy ale - but after drinking two of them (the Dead Guy Ale, that is), I wondered if they named it for the after effects - gave me the worst headache and sour stomach. They tasted so dang yummy, I wanted to make sure it wasnt just a fluke... So in the name of good science, i repeated the experiment 4 more times - sadly, same results.

Anyway, just thought I'd chime in - if you have not tried the salt thing in a glass of pisswat... I mean light american lager... try it, you just might be surprised.

I've only done it with beers from south of the border, but salt does change it up a bit for the better.

Back in school years ago we started with MGD, but we got real sick of it after a while. We then went on to doing Coors Light, mainly because it didn't taste like much of anything. It was pure beer bong fodder.

Ugh, there was that time I put Colt .45 in a beer bong though... And this was a bottle that had been opened and left in a fridge for a couple weeks. Flat and even more nasty than normal.

Back