3 or 4 Cornelius keg kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveJes1979

Reaction score
Howdy, all.

Is there a refrigerator on the market of reasonable price that I can buy to convert to a kegerator that holds 3 or 4 Cornelius kegs (plus CO2 tank)? I was thinking about buying 2 of the 5 cubic foot Osters, but I'd certainly prefer to just purchase and convert 1 fridge.

Thanks in advance.

Hmmm...interesting, Guinness71. I should note, however, that I am modifying for a tower faucet. That would seem to have some cons when using a freezer modification:

1. Complicates method of opening freezer to access/replace kegs.

2. Must buy special temperature controller to set thermostat above freezing.

But the pros are:

1. No interference issues with shelves or door panels.

2. No interference issues with themostat housing.

3. No interference issues with coolant lines in top. Pretty much just cut your 3" hole in the top, bolt in tower, and hook up kegs and faucet.

the Haier kegerator can hold 3.

And the same footprint of the 6.8 holiday you can get a 7.2 Magic Chef from HD. It will hold 6 kegs.

B

Folks,

I am not opposed to the idea of using a freezer, if that is the only way to get the extra keg capacity.

My main question is - what do you do about access if you have a tower? Do you just use the hinges without modification, and oversize the length of the beer lines to the tower? Ditto for the tower cooling line, I guess.

Take a look around the DIY section of the forum as well as this thread, it will give you several options for modifying a chest freezer. I personally used a regular refrigerator and pull out the door shelving. Fit 4 kegs no problem, and could probably squeeze in 5.

If your really want to trick one out, this is the GOD of keezers.

I recently bought a used Bev Air kegerator off of craigslist that could handle 4 kegs (and mine are pin locks) with the CO2 outside the fridge. New they are absurdly expensive, but last for such a long time that you can find reliable used ones on the cheap if you are lucky.

Back