My Basement Bar Build!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final coat of poly is on!

ForumRunner_20130313_183654.png

Looks GREAT !!!! Cheers.:mug: I see you have a cat that supervises all activities as well !!! :D

Beautiful work! In the "cat" photo it appears that the plywood sucked up a lot more color than the pine planks and the oak on top; I think that only adds to this bar's beauty. Cheers!

Beautiful work! In the "cat" photo it appears that the plywood sucked up a lot more color than the pine planks and the oak on top; I think that only adds to this bar's beauty. Cheers!

That's because they are two totally different woods. The ply is Ponderosa Pine, the boards are most likely spruce.

Good to know. Also, it is a pretty cool effect. I can't wait to build my own bar as well. The oak top on that thing is gorgeous!

Did you go with a "Pergo type" floating flooring? Just an observation, I installed the same thing in my house and that type of floor is very unforgiving when it comes to spills. Any amount of liquid needs to be cleaned up, COMPLETELY and IMMEDIATELY or the seams will swell and buckle, not pretty! Just keep a rag handy all the time and be a spill nazi!

Hungry4hops is making a lot of progress on the flooring tonight!!

View attachment 99532

Hungry4hops,

For your bar top did you do a piece of plywood with an oak slab on top, or is that two pieces of plywood with an oak veneer?

Did you go with a "Pergo type" floating flooring? Just an observation, I installed the same thing in my house and that type of floor is very unforgiving when it comes to spills. Any amount of liquid needs to be cleaned up, COMPLETELY and IMMEDIATELY or the seams will swell and buckle, not pretty! Just keep a rag handy all the time and be a spill nazi!
yeah its floating floor, we have it in our living room also, never had a problem with spills. I do tend to clean up spills asap so thats probaly why i never had a problem!

Hungry4hops,

For your bar top did you do a piece of plywood with an oak slab on top, or is that two pieces of plywood with an oak veneer?

I used a piece of plywood then a piece of oak plywood on top, I just picked the best looking one out of the stack at the depot here's a better picture of it and our first drink to celebrate!

ForumRunner_20130320_162441.jpg

Turned out great! Any plans to install a draft tower?

Already in! The first is flow control for a randell type hop infuzer, the two in the middle are perlick 525s the forth spot is reserved for nitrous (wishful thinking)

ForumRunner_20130321_192033.png

ForumRunner_20130321_192400.png

Where did you get that sweet barrel from that last pic??

Beautiful bar by the way! Keep it up.

Got the barrel from victory brewing company, they used it to make dark intrigue, awesome beer still have a few left! We are just using it as a table now

ForumRunner_20130321_192520.png

ForumRunner_20130321_192747.jpg

Just made a custom mirror for behind the bar for less than 10 bucks! Used a mirror that I already had, bought contact paper, frosted glass paint! Trying to add more decor to the room.

ForumRunner_20130325_165248.jpg

ForumRunner_20130325_165356.png

ForumRunner_20130325_165427.jpg

ForumRunner_20130325_165459.png

that is some awesome work. very jealous. im saving these pics for reference in the future for when i build 1.....i hope. gotta ask about how much something like that set you back in materials though.

Probably around 500, the arm rail was.the most expensive part 180.00! But well worth the money!

Nice work on the bar! Very classy. Am I the only one that wants more information on how you built out that kegerator? Are you holding 4 cornies in that thing?

Cheers.

Nice work on the bar! Very classy. Am I the only one that wants more information on how you built out that kegerator? Are you holding 4 cornies in that thing?

Cheers.

Just two, but I also have a diy randall I have a tee in the keg line splitting it into 2 taps one regular one infuzed im hoping to add nitrogen at some point also (fourth tap)

ForumRunner_20130409_101524.png

ForumRunner_20130409_101625.png

Hey Hungry4hops,

Looks awesome! I'm thinking about building something a little smaller, but similar. What kind of wood did you use for the top of your bar / counter? I'd like to use something nice like that, but am not sure what others are using.

Thanks in advance, and again, great job!

Cheers.

Hey Hungry4hops,

Looks awesome! I'm thinking about building something a little smaller, but similar. What kind of wood did you use for the top of your bar / counter? I'd like to use something nice like that, but am not sure what others are using.

Thanks in advance, and again, great job!

Cheers.

the top is just a 4x8 piece of oak plywood and oak arm rail, good luck with your build!

very nice build. I enjoyed reading through all of this. the bar looks awesome. If you even care, I bet some faux tin ceiling tiles would look cool in a basement bar along with some crown molding. Might give it a real cool authentic pub feel.

I have to agree on the mini bags set! I might just make one, but it's a neat thing!

Back