Nice...broke into a couple 18 month old bottles on Father's Day...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuelish

Reaction score
Had a great father's Day...my son bought me a guitar (granted, an "affordable" guitar, but...it plays amazing outta the box - this is a very good time to be a guitarist on a budget, as budget guitars are light-years better than when I was a teen oh so long ago...I've kept telling myself I had my bases covered with one acoustic and 3 electrics - one with 'buckers, one with P90s, and one with TriSonic single coils - but he got me a budget Stratocaster I didn't technically "need," but...hey, it was a present from the heart :) ) But I digress....after an amazing sauteed scallop dinner with some kind of grilled corn salad (only thing I had to do all day was throw a few ears of corn on the grill) and sliced tomatos with a nice slice of mozzarella and whole fresh basil leaves on top, I set out to kick back and relax on my day.....thunderstorms rolling in from the other side of the house I was on our screened back porch and broke out a nice cigar, and pulled out a couple 12 oz bottles of stuff I made 18 months ago....haven't tried them in several months, and ....WOW!!! A bottle of cyser (approx 10% abv, used perhaps 5 cinnamon sticks in the 5 gallon secondary.....excellent, as opposed to earlier being pretty good. Next 12 oz'er was a peach melomel (used sliced peaches along with white grape peach juice....I like to call it "peach pyment," but...don't think there's enough grape in the juice to merit that, compared to how much actual peaches I used ;) What once was a kind of bitter (think "eating the skin of a peach" - I used to do this when I was a kid, peel the skin and eat it seperate from the flesh) drink has mellowed oh so well....don't have my notes handy, but it was perhaps 13%-ish....needless to say, cigar in hand, glass of mead and my wife by my side, crazy storm winds, crazy lightning/rain, being outside but screened in with the weather coming from behind us, .....it was one of the greatest of evenings - glad I still have several bottles of each squirreled away, as....I've paid good money for stuff that tastes a lot worse!!! LOL

Back