Induction Cooktop Brewing For 3.5gal Batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lennie

Reaction score
I bought the cheapest induction cooktop I could get on Amazon, a Max Burton 6000 for $60 (free shipping with Amazon Prime). This unit has a perfect footprint for holding 5gal of water in an 8gal stainless kettle. My kettle is a stainless pot with triple layer bottom from Morewine, most importantly its magnetic steel on bottom. I heated my water for mashing on the cooktop, poured the sparge water to another pot and caught the first runnings then lautered into the kettle. It took less than 30min to bring the 150F runnings to boiling, and it gave me a decent rolling boil with the lid half on. I should mention that I insulated the kettle and lid with foil-backed bubble wrap, and kept the lid on till the wort was near boiling. After boiling I chilled with an IC then whirlpooled by stirring and let it settle, then ran off the wort into my fermentor. Made a lovely APA with Pacific Jade hops for FWH and finishing.

Back