Thermapen just arrived!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coastarine

We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just thought I'd throw out a plug for the good people at thermoworks. I've owned several thermometers for brewing but I am confident that this will be the last. When I opened the box I could see where a real person hand wrote the calibration results for my thermapen, that it read 32.0 and 212.0, and also a card with some data on the model like the tolerance (+/- 0.72*F total error). As an added bonus, a little sample pack of jelly belly jelly beans.:p

BTW, I sprung for the new splash-proof, faster, more accurate model, but if you are willing to be a little more careful with it and not see 0.1 resolution, the original model is on sale right now. Thermoworks

Sweet! One day I'll pony up for one of those.

Another improvement that appeals to me: New splashproof model has a 1500 hour battery life as opposed to only 100 hours for the old one.

I have the old version, and absolutely love it. One great fast thermometer for all of my cooking and brewing needs.

Back