• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

South NH Craigslist "deal"???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsday

Reaction score
I tried to get this guy to sell me a few pieces...no deal...perhaps one of you HBT folks are shopping for a big batch of stuff...I've seen other threads where folks here wish they'd have a shot at good CL deals...good luck..
I have nothing to do with this guy. BUT if you buy it and have too many chillers...perhaps you'd be willing to reward me with a super deal.

Home Brew Equipment

He sent me this follow up...

Would like to sell all.

New the

bottles are worth $20 a case

car boys $25-$40

CO2 $100-$150

Keg Taps $40

Grinder $500-$700

Mini Kegs $80-$125

Cooler $300

Ect, ect.

Make offer

Brewsday said:
I tried to get this guy to sell me a few pieces...no deal...perhaps one of you HBT folks are shopping for a big batch of stuff...I've seen other threads where folks here wish they'd have a shot at good CL deals...good luck..
I have nothing to do with this guy. BUT if you buy it and have too many chillers...perhaps you'd be willing to reward me with a super deal.

Home Brew Equipment

He sent me this follow up...

Would like to sell all.

New the

bottles are worth $20 a case

car boys $25-$40

CO2 $100-$150

Keg Taps $40

Grinder $500-$700

Mini Kegs $80-$125

Cooler $300

Ect, ect.

Make offer

Wow one of the most vague ads ever. And a crappy reply to your email too.

What else were you looking for out of that stuff other than a chiller? I have some stuff I am about to sell that I got from a big buy near me.

My parents live about an hour south of Falmouth in ME so I go up that direction once or twice a month usually.

Without further information as to brands/styles of the items I would say these prices sound like full retail and in some cases much more. For whats listed there I would offer somewhere around $400 -500

For instance Bottles go for about $12 and Grinders about $130-$200 depending on what it is.

I agree. Extremely vague. And the response implies that he does not care much about making a sale.

I have a wimpy IC so I want a good one (prefer 50' of 3/8...stainless would be extra cool). Missed one on CL up here a month ago. Also, I want to start aerating my wort. Even just an aquarium pump/hepa filter/stainless difuser. I also want to go to 10 gallon batches eventually. To do so I need a 15 G boil kettle with valve (prefer not a keggle). Maybe MLT l though I have a lot of copper tube to make a manifold from and a "spare" 60 qt rectangular coleman. Above all I am looking for real bargains...as my profile says I am "temporarily retired"...therefore no income! Oh yea, auto siphon and long stainless racking cane are small items I'd like to find as well. Always on the lookout for more 1.5 liter grolsch bottles. I was going to pm this to zeekage...but you never know who else may be reading. I do have easy access to Allagash Brewery and could pick up some of their limited releases (no retail distribution) to barter...if that intrigues anyone. Thanks

I received the exact same response from him yesterday and barely resisted the urge to reply with a sarcastic "good luck with that".

I emailed him too (just out of curiosity and to see if I could help you Mainers out :)).

I got a similar response to my very specific questions, but he did include pics (below). Looks like he stumbled onto an unclaimed storage unit of brewing equip if you ask me...

his response:
" I see New the bottles are worth $20 a case
car boys $25-$40ea
CO2 $100-$150
Keg Taps $40
Grinder $200-$400
Mini Kegs $80-$125
Cooler $300
Chillers $75
Ect, ect I know there is over $2500 worth of stuff here but that’s is new. Really motivated to sell Make offer"

brew_pics_pg11.jpg

brew_pics_pg22.jpg

brew_pics_pg3.jpg

brew_pics_pg4.jpg

That's a pretty nice pile of stuff...if it's what you want/need otherwise you'll be renting storage too!
If it's stuff you really want and you have a truck, I'd try $400.
Or call his bluff and bid $250!
I think there's easily $800 worth of stuff if you broke it up and sold that way...but then you'd have to deal with dozens of calls/appointments/no-shows and aall the associated hassle selling in parts via CL brings.

Back