I love my fermentation chiller!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyacovett

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I brewed up A batch of EdWort's Haus Pale Ale. Fermentation got too hot (80'ish) ... I couldn't get the temps under control. I ended up with a fruity ale. I will let it age for awhile and see what time does.

So I figured time to get some control over my fermentation temps and post boil chilling. I got a pond pump to recirculate ice water through my immersion chiller, and built a small son of a fermentation chiller which fits one fermenter.

Last night I brewed up a wit. With the new chiller I was able to chill down to 70 no problem. Pitched at 70 at 2am, woke up at 8 to active fermentation at 66.

I love it!!! Just had to share that.

They do work extremely well. Good to hear that the wit batch went well and it is happily bubbling away.

I hate my fermentation chiller. It's a little short and only 3/8" tubing. Still takes me a good 35-40 minutes to get to pitching temp.

Glad to hear yours worked out. I'm building the son of fermenation chiller soon, my basement has gone up into the high 70's with this heat wave crap.

i am doing my first batch with true fermentation control and cannot be more excited about it.

I have been unhappy with about 5 of my 8 beers many of which are from fermenting too high creating esters. I cannot wait to have a great batch of beer that i can be fully proud of.

I have learned a ton unfortunately some of the most important items a little too late.. but better late than never right? lol

Back