Turned wood taphandle - a little different

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FisherWoodcraft

Reaction score
Hey gang! Long time no post :) Been moving house for the last few months and my shop is STILL a-shambles. Got a few minutes this morning and turned something fun. This taphandle has what's called a "captive ring". The ring is turned in-place from the same piece of wood as the rest of the handle.

It's "captive" because it's too small to fit over either end of the handle, making people wonder how it got there. The handle on the far left in this picture:

captive.jpg

I also shot a little video of it in action:

That's my delicious chocolate stout I'm pouring for breakfast :)

-Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys! Here's one more I just did for a customer. 9" long in bocote with a chrome ferrule:

bocotehandle.jpg

-Joe

Very nice makes me want to get the lathe out but I am no way near that good :mad:

You sir are an artist!:mug:

Awesome! I bought a lather YEARS ago (nice little cheap thing that I got for half off because the door to the pulleys got smacked.)

I really *should* finally bust it out and start turning some stuff again.

When you part the ring, do you then have to go back and clean up with a knife, or just sand it smooth?

Latest posts

Back