Brewed my First 2 Batches of Mead today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMG680

Reaction score
Just got done cleaning up after a busy brew day, 5 Gal of a Pale Ale, and then 2 batches of Mead. It was my first time and I hope in 4 months or more they are doing good. I did a sweet mead and one that I will be adding raspberry too soon. Thanks for all the info I was able to gather from y'all.

You didn't add the raspberry in primary? You're going to rack onto it? Just curious. Congrats! I love mead. :fro:

You didn't add the raspberry in primary? You're going to rack onto it? Just curious. Congrats! I love mead. :fro:
A lot of the fruit flavour/colour can be lost from primary, that wouldn't make it a bad mead though.

If you want a more fruity tasting and well coloured (well as good as you're gonna get depending on the fruit), adding the fruit to secondary, or even making the ferment and then adding the fruit to tertiary/finished ferment will give the maximum flavour/colour - and often helps with the mead being ready for drinking sooner....

regards

fatbloke

I was going to add to secondary and age for a few months. I am looking forward to the traditional mead, and the SWMBO wanted a fruity one, so two with one stone.

Back