Graduated from Mr. Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberjoey80

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently moved up to the real world of home brew after using my Mr. Beer kit (which I got last Christmas as a joke) to the full five gal kits with all the cool little tools. I really like being able to mash my own grains and mix and match all kinds of hops, grains, etc. ANyway, I am from San Diego and am currently getting ready to bottle my 3rd batch (copper ale). The first batch was pretty good as it came from an all in one kit I bought for the maiden brewage. I have a couple of questions and have already learned alot from this site. For example: no one ever told me about aeriation. I simply pour the chilled wort into the fermentor, add yeast, give a quick stir and then wait about 7 days and then go to secondary. I think my next purchase will be an inexpensive co2 kit from more beer. See you out there. And yes...I do sniff my air locks. Might be weird, but not as weird as sniffing bicycle seats!!:rockin:

Sniffing bicycle seats is weird?

I never knew!

Welcome in. Grab a cool one from the tap.

steve

Mr. Beer is a bit trinkety and makes a great gag gift, but how many folks have graduated to full scale AG brewing after trying one of these kits? I say here, here, Mr. Beer!

Back