Tampa Weather: Rain, Rain & More Rain...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadrupled

Reaction score
My wife, kids and I have been visiting with my wife's family in the Tampa area for the past week. It's rained a lot but we've been able to get out to have fun most of the day, every day. Then last night it started raining and hasn't stopped yet - looks like it's going on 7" so far from last night. The picture below doesn't really do justice to what we are seeing. The pool has completely overflowed and there's around 1 inch standing water around the chair legs and flower pot.

The news is reporting some pretty severe flooding around the city due to the saturated soil.

image4-65937.jpg

Yep, her family's newly formed island is a little north east of your island.

Today is a total write-off so we're playing games and hoping the water recedes a bit before we head out to the airport in the morning.

The weather actually cut one of our dolphin/island tours short due to a quickly approaching band of storms but has given us a good story, especially since we were on a "three hour tour".

Lived in Tampa for 8 years in the 90s. Loved it, miss it.

My favorite thing was the starch in my shirt lasting about 8 seconds after i stepped outside each morning ;) I could be a wrinkly slob and look like everyone else :)

Latest posts

Back