What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received the Palmer Water book from Amazon. Can't wait to sit down with a little "light" reading. :)

The shipment also had a set of 4 of these stainless steel clippy things that I'll use to clamp my BIAB onto the rim of my perforated basket. (I had been using steel binder clips, but they started rusting and didn't want that getting into my wort.)

Light... LOL. I have the book too and it pretty much reads like an or Orgo book.

Those clips look like something I need for biab and hop bags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Light... LOL. I have the book too and it pretty much reads like an or Orgo book.

Those clips look like something I need for biab and hop bags.

This is what they look like on my gear. I haven't tried them out yet, but they seem to hold the bag in very well, and there are no sharp edges on the clips to snag the bag. The springs are very strong.

I chose them because I needed clips that wouldn't interfere with the kettle lid. I was a bit paranoid about the old steel binder clips rusting and that seeping into my wort. Iron is not a good thing in beer.

clippies_zps90059d74.jpg

Sourdough starter culture!!!!! I see lots of pizzas and pretzels and bread in my near future.

AHBS Weekend Warrior special (stout, porter, IPA, and pale ale)! Set for months now!

My denver broncos beer mugs should arrive today (ups said arrived at sorting facility in town) and a hydrometer test tube should arrive today as well

Today was like Christmas at my front door. I got all the components to build my new gaming rig.
ASRock Z87 formula OC motherboard
EVGA 1350 watt modular power supply
Intel Haswell 4770k i7
32 gb ram
Asus 27" 3D hdmi monitor
240 gb ssd
2 TB WD black hdd
Windows 8.1
Blu ray drive
(3) EVGA nvidia gtx titans
Nzxt full tower case

Plus a full water cooling setup. Going to be a fun weekend.

Last night I got in Hefeweizen extract kit from Norther brewer along with a few more airlocks, a carboy brush, grain bags and a long plastic spoon.

Today I got the grains to make Biermuncher's Black Pearl porter from Austin. I m excited about making this winter brew.

After arfuing with Express Scripts since June,I finally got my pills. Been out for a couple months. Gee,thanks UAW/Ford...Anyway,stout should be ready to secondary on bourbon soaked oak tomorrow,hopefully.

My AG equipment has been trickling in all week. Igloo cooler on Monday, 40qt brew pot yesterday, the big giant "mash paddle" analog today. All I'm waiting for is the burner and I'll be in business.

2 - 6 gal. plastic carboys. The Bubbler from Northern Brewer. Actually was expecting just a rebranded product but these appear to be purpose built and actually molded for them with their name molded in the bottom. Light weight, very thick plastic and think they will last forever if taken care of. Got that great 2 for one deal and well satisfied with the purchase.

This lot;

313079 - Muslin bags (2's) x 3
313078 - 25 Litre Fermentation Vessel and lid, fitted with Little Bottler x 1
313071 - Crystal Malt Low Colour 60 (crushed) 1kg x 1
313073 - Goldings (East Kent) Vacuum Packed Leaf Hops 100g x 1
313081 - WYeast Activator 1275 - Thames Valley Ale x 1
313076 - Liquid Yeast Ice Pack x 1
313072 - Muntons Foil Pack Spraymalt Extra Light 500grm x 1
313077 - 33 Litre Fermentation Vessel and lid (Full Colour-Graduated) x 1
313075 - Irish Moss (30g) x 1
313080 - Spraymalt Extra Light 1kg x 2
313074 - Fuggles Vacuum Packed Leaf Hops 100 gms x 1
313070 - Black Malt Crushed 1kg x 1

:)

2 tires (or is it tyres if you are European?) I have had three of four tires from the same manufacture bubble on the sidewall. I really would not want to see a failure. hopefully I get the house rented soon so it can be beermaking stuff instead of necessarys.

2 tires (or is it tyres if you are European?)

Well, if by European you mean English... I'm sure the rest of Europe wouldn't appreciate the generalisation though :D . If you were French it would be "pneu", "reifen" in German yada yada yada...

Also I had the ingredients for my next 2 brews delivered, an old ale and a scotch ale.

Ok. I accept that it is more English English. I figured that the rest of us on here, since the forum is in English as far as I have seen, would assume European English over any other dialect.

The first shipment of beer of the month club my lovely and talented SWMBO got me for my birthday. Some from Tommyknocker and Pennsylvania brewing...

image-3453802426.jpg

Cheers!

2 - 6 gal. plastic carboys. The Bubbler from Northern Brewer. Actually was expecting just a rebranded product but these appear to be purpose built and actually molded for them with their name molded in the bottom. Light weight, very thick plastic and think they will last forever if taken care of. Got that great 2 for one deal and well satisfied with the purchase.

I got mine yesterday I am really happy with them! $35 for to shipped to my door. Most important they more rigid than a standard better bottle to I think they'll be great!

Two Bubblers and bungs from NortherBrewer....Now I need to fill them up...Hmmm, maybe a nice Irish Red this weekend...:tank:

Bubblers_zps734375a7.jpg

Two Bubblers and bungs from NortherBrewer....Now I need to fill them up...Hmmm, maybe a nice Irish Red this weekend...:tank:

Bubblers_zps734375a7.jpg

I am pretty upset that the bungs dont fit better. I didnt order any because I had some but now I have to make the trip to the LHBS to get #10 stoppers

I am pretty upset that the bungs dont fit better. I didnt order any because I had some but now I have to make the trip to the LHBS to get #10 stoppers

The bungs I received seem to fit fine. Nice and tight and goes down to the lip of the Bubbler.

DSCN0022_zpse1a3c985.jpg

The bungs I received seem to fit fine. Nice and tight and goes down to the lip of the Bubbler.

damn really?! Mine slid all the way in and slid right out with no pressure. I tested it in my better bottle and I could lift the Better Bottle up with 2 gallons of water by the lip of the bung and it didnt move. I tried lifting my bubbler when it was completely empty and it didnt get off the ground before the bung came out:(

One of the reviews I read on the NB site said that the opening on the Bubbler is larger and will need a larger bung so I went ahead and ordered from them...a #10 stopper works but I think I like the bung better.

One of the reviews I read on the NB site said that the opening on the Bubbler is larger and will need a larger bung so I went ahead and ordered from them...a #10 stopper works but I think I like the bung better.

hmmm maybe mine is just too old. I may have to order one from them and see how it works. I didnt want to get the stoppers because I like the bungs better but didnt think NB's would be any different

Didn't so much come in the mail as it was delivered to me by my dad.

Came up to visit and go bow hunting, brought me all of his old equipment. Including a 6.5 gallon glass carboy, a separate bottling bucket, assorted brushes, another capper (so I can employ SWMBO now to help cap, *spoiler alert* never going to happen), some random tubing and such, and a beer bottle tree for drying. All stuff I'm too cheap to purchase on my own and figured out MacGuyver ways to live without certain bits. Christmas came 2 months early.

Lambic brewing here I come (not gonna leave somethign to age 6+ months in my fermenting bucket). :fro:

A few of the Northern Brewer kits while they were on sale! Got to start stocking up on beer for Christmas!

Matt

IMG_20131027_103945.jpg

Latest posts

Back