Bottled my first batch!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
28 days in the primary and I finally got it bottled this past Saturday. Everything went well. Enlisted the help of SMWBO. She bottled while I capped. It tasted like warm flat beer so thats a good sign! When I get in next week I will e bottling my Amber and hopefully brewing another batch of something!

Good for you! I remember when I bottled my first brew I wasn't anticipating the amount of time it would take to do it all by myself. Good call on getting help because it makes the process MUCH faster!

Grat's on your first brew:rockin: I get help from my SWMBO during bottling as well. It really makes things alot easier when I fill the bottles and she caps. Now get crankin more brews out and get that pipeline going cuz that first batch will go fast!

Definitely got to get my pipeline chugging along. With the holidays and all I am going to be short on time to bottle my other batch and brew something else but I will be trying I am sure. I havent drunk my first homebrew and am already hooked. LOL!

Congrats on the first batch. Now comes the hard part. . .. waiting.

That is what happened to me too. I brewed 3 batches 3 consecutive weekends before even taking my first sip!

Good luck!

Waiting will definitely be the hard part. I brewed my first batch this past summer and went nuts waiting. Don't be frustrated if it doesn't taste as you envision. After a few weeks my beer wasn't bad but after about 2 months after bottling it was really awesome.

Back