I love my iPad!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And just wait until you see how I'm integrating it into my rigs.. ;-)

I'm thinking BCS-460 annnnddd remote control via iPad?? If so :rockin:

If not, I can't wait to see what you've got planned! I wanna give an ipad a shot some time... how is it as far as typing?

I thought long and hard about converting the app to HTML5 with AJAX refeshing things behind the scenes, but will settle for a remote desktop app. I've been talking with the developers of the app and they have agreed to put in a few small changes in their next update which will make it work perfectly on the iPad..

I was at a trade show a couple weeks ago. There were three of four of them in the booth to use for presentations. They were pretty slick.

They were loaded with pics and vids of our equipment running in just about any application you could think of. When a customer came to ask if we could run his product we could show him a nice, hi-rez video on the screen in seconds.

Sadly, they are not nearly as versatile as a sub-compact notebook PC. You can't plug in a network cable either, which is essential when traveling.

Here is a pic of it running full screen from the iPad..

5-14-10A.jpg

I was at a trade show a couple weeks ago. There were three of four of them in the booth to use for presentations. They were pretty slick.

They were loaded with pics and vids of our equipment running in just about any application you could think of. When a customer came to ask if we could run his product we could show him a nice, hi-rez video on the screen in seconds.

Sadly, they are not nearly as versatile as a sub-compact notebook PC. You can't plug in a network cable either, which is essential when traveling.

While I won't disagree, you could always travel with a 'pocket' wifi hotspot which plugs into a network..

For me, it is all I carry to work anymore..

No.. I get asked about it regularly but there are just too many variables in play to make it work for other peoples rigs. Plus I just don't have time.. Even if someone wired theirs up the exact same way, I've tailored the code to the data I've captured from my rig.. I was actually somewhat relieved when all these other automation 'kits' started showing up..

Thats really cool, how do you get the Ipad to talk to the parts of your brewery? Is it wired or wireless?
EDIT:Just saw on your website the LabJack. Do you plug the Ipad in through that?

When you go to speedtest.net with the iPad what type of speeds are you getting?

When you go to speedtest.net with the iPad what type of speeds are you getting?

I'm getting about 3.8 Mbps down and 450 Kbps upload from home.. But I'm also getting spotty results from my pc so something must be up with my dsl. While I bought the 3G version, I have yet to use it.. Instead I'm just wifi tethering my droid. It is getting about 1.8 Mbps downloads and 150 Kbps uploads through verizon's 3G. Damn good enough for surfing a little at work.

Way cool!!!! As soon as the iPad was announced I knew it would be a perfect fit for what you are using it for. This is exactly what I would like to do with my home brewing someday........

Back