Getting ready to keg for the first time...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian74

Reaction score
Do I need to sterilize the gas tubing? It would make sense to do so. If so, do I just blow the line out before connecting to the keg?

Congrats and welcome to HBT and kegging!

Nope you don't need to sterlize the gas tubing..unless you really want to. Kegging is awesome and after awhile it will be just as easy as bottling for you. Hit me up if you need anything else

Assuming it's new, and clean, you're fine.

I have yet to clean a dedicated gas line.

While sanitization is quite important, it's not the rocket science I was led to believe it was. I spent hours scrubbing equipment, washing my hands, protecting the wort - All the while trying not to look at the beer funny. It's all over-rated. Keep your stuff clean and sanitized, and you'll be fine.
The nasties aren't ninjas. They're predictable - And basic due-diligence will keep your beer in the clear.

Well, I kegged my first batch. Damn, that was quick! I'm never looking back except for bottling 1/2 a batch here and there. Now I have to get rid of lots of bottles...the SWMBO will be glad.

I'll be kegging my first soon as well. I need find someone who wants about 3 cases of bottles....

I would keep some of those bottles. Trust me you will look back and think well **** I need bottles for my friends family etc. You will look back.

Latest posts

Back